HVAC Service Manager
New England Sheet Metal & Mechanical Co. Fresno, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, 401k,
HVAC Service Manager
Sr. Vice President
The Service Manager oversees all aspects of the Service Department, including its continued development, growth, and profitability. This position is responsible for allocating employee resources as well as planning, directing, and managing service-related projects to ensure they are completed on schedule, within budget, and in compliance with safety protocols and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Directs, supervises, and develops all Service Department field service technicians.
· Manages safe and efficient servicing of new and existing HVAC equipment, components, and systems.
· Meets revenue and gross profit goals while assuring the work is completed on time and to the client’s satisfaction.
· Schedules, sets work priorities, and directs work assignments to ensure effective client and company objectives.
· Reviews and approves all service reports to monitor technical performance and billing.
· Interfaces with other departments to ensure the proper transfer of all service business data required for billing, accounts payable, and vehicle maintenance.
· Determines customer needs, estimates work, and presents solutions based on the company’s services offered.
· Provides technical support to field service technicians when required.
· Reads, interprets, utilizes, and trains on manuals, schematics, and control circuits related to HVAC systems.
· Utilizes company computer system to maintain accurate service records, Planned Maintenance Agreements (PMA), equipment warranties, material flow, and inventory.
· Develops and maintains long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants, and vendors.
· Facilitates a “Zero Accident Culture” by adhering to site safety protocols and OSHA safety standards.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Union Interface: Hiring and Training of Service Technicians
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Knowledge of management practices and principles
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues
- Strong computer skills and familiarization with Viewpoint Service Module or similar industry software
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· A valid California Driver’s License
· EPA Universal Certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Effective Communication: Ensures that regular, consistent, and effective communication takes place. Ensures that important information is shared with others on a timely basis as appropriate in their organizational unit. Proactive in keeping their supervisor informed on a regular basis about progress and problems to avoid surprises.
Leadership: Marshals resources (people, funding, materials, and support) to get things done. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Sought out by others for advice and solutions, leads by example. Anticipates problems and adapts well to changing priorities. Willing to take action, even under pressure, criticism, or tight deadlines. Treats direct reports equitably and fairly. Assembles talented teams externally and internally, creates a work environment that fosters strong morale and spirit in their team. Takes ownership of problems and shares success.
Analytical Thinking: Approaches problems using a logical or sequential approach, systematically comparing two or more alternatives. Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information. Identifies parameters and considerations needed to analyze situations and make decisions. Conducts decision‐based cost/benefit or risk/success analyses. Prioritizes tasks.
Conflict Management: Functions effectively when under pressure and/or while experiencing rapidly changing or uncertain conditions. Maintains self‐control and composure in the face of stress, opposition or provocation. Effectively handles a variety of complex and difficult problems or tasks at once. Maintains a positive attitude under difficult circumstances. Quickly adapts and constructively reacts to unforeseen circumstances and setbacks, reducing their severity.
Business Acumen: Directs resources towards profit and revenue growth opportunities. Demonstrates high regard for company profitability/financial strength. Actively seeks accountability and measures performance. Understands the industry and consistently is able to identify positioning for the company that enables it to secure profitable opportunities. Identifies and secures business opportunities for revenue and margin contribution.
Collaboration: Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside of the company who can provide information, assistance, and support. Recognizes and appreciates the business concerns and perspectives of others. Provides valuable and needed assistance, information, and support to others, to build a basis for future reciprocity.
Personal Integrity: Ensures integrity of the Company. Develops and practices the highest ethical standards. Honors commitments, communicates openly, honestly, and directly. Instills mutual trust and confidence. Treats all people with respect, values diverse perspectives, and supports the Company’s diversity initiatives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Office: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
New England Sheet Metal & Mechanical Co.
BusinessView all jobs at New England Sheet Metal & Mechanical Co.