Asst. Compounding Technician - Advanced Compounding Solutions
New England Life Care (NELC) is of the fastest growing home infusion therapy services company in New England and is the region’s only non-profit home infusion provider. NELC is a hospital collaborative serving more than 60 hospital systems in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. NELC was created by local hospitals to ensure their patients have access to a provider that reflects their commitment to excellence in patient care, quality and service. Like our owner hospitals, NELC provides patient focused care.
New England Life Care has and continues to build a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re energized by this opportunity, but your past experience doesn’t support every qualification in the job posting, we encourage you to apply! You still may be the person we are looking for!
New England Life Care is hiring a full-time Assistant Compounding Technician to join our growing team at Advanced Compounding Solutions! This position is a Monday – Friday position and a
$3,000 Sign On Bonus!!
Job Summary: Under the supervision and direction of a licensed pharmacist, the person in this position is responsible for making compounded sterile preparations (CSPs) following standard operating procedures (SOPs) set forth by current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). They are also responsible for maintaining the compounding suite, ordering stock medication and supplies and appropriately documenting throughout the process.
- Sign-On Bonus
- Career Ladder
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous employer-matched 403b savings program
- Company paid: Life insurance, Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- And much more!
- Assists the aseptic operator with preparation of sterile compounded products in the ISO 7 class general compounding room
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand crucial compounding components and the impact they have on cGMP and its processes. Consults directly with the cleanroom manager or designee as appropriate to report any anomalies during the compounding process.
- Ability to follow and understand cGMP, SOPs and work instructions. Ability to transfer heavier material on a repetitive basis.
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with a team and applies good time management skills to daily activities
- Maintains pharmacy and clean room in a clean, organized and well stocked manner according to SOPs.
- Works closely with the production staff, quality and ACS management to maintain cGMP compliance for all production processes and quality processes as warranted
- May perform environmental monitoring sampling according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) when necessary
- Understands and utilizes EM sampling equipment and techniques as necessary (Total airborne particulate, viable airborne, viable surface and viable personnel monitoring) Follows cGMP to perform all tasks.
- Assists with ensuring the compounding technician has all appropriate materials to compound each batch
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Cooperation: Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Dependability: Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Job Knowledge: Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality: Strictly adheres to SOPs. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Identifies areas where quality improvements can be made and understands the appropriate procedures employed to change policies. Monitors own work flow to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Achieves established goals. Completes work in timely manner. Meets productivity standards. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly.
- Safety & Security: Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and Professional Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in IV admixtures/aseptic technique using an IV laminar flow preferred.
- Ability to use aseptic technique and pass / perform sterile gowning qualification.
- Certification/Licensure as Pharmacy Technician preferred.
- Ability to explicitly follow instructions as set forth by SOPs.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instruction provided in written, oral and diagram formats.
- Ability to recognize variations and follow appropriate protocol for reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel and customers.
- Ability to conduct repetitive tasks and lift moderately heavy items
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge / practical experience with basic computer systems such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Dependability in attendance and job performance.
New England Life CareWoburn, MA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.