New England Lab is seeking a Project Management Administrator for the Baltimore, MD office. You will join a team focused, fast pace environment and will be integral in the daily operations of the Project Management and Engineering departments. Our PM Administrator needs to be self-motivated and highly detailed; placing value on both internal and external customer service. Proactive planning, coordination and communication are all essential to your role and daily tasks.
In the position of PM Administrator, you will be responsible for the flow of information associated with coordinating, organizing and communicating all aspects of a project. Proactively support Project Managers with all correspondence, schedules, contracts, production and installation. A PM Administrator assists with submittals, contract status, contract closeouts, checking orders, managing open items lists, purchase orders and project completion reports. In this position you will communicate with clients, General Contractors, and other departments on a regular basis. This is a full-time, salary position with standard business hours 8am to 5pm M-F reporting to the Regional Operations Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support project management team with the daily flow of information.
- Assist with introduction letters, AWPs, change orders, document management, coordination and project schedules
· Create and monitor P&D schedules
· Participate/Facilitate project kickoff meetings and weekly project management meetings
· Receive and handle customer concerns and discover appropriate solutions within a timely manner
· Responsible for maintaining contract schedules and status
- Keep all vendor maintenance and warranty material organized, current, replenished and re-order as necessary
- Maintaining contract schedules and status
- Support PM team in scheduling deliveries of small & midsize projects
- Organize, update and follow up on job action reports
- Track and update open items and punch lists
- Create and distribute install packs, including assisting Assistant Project Managers
- Document, organize and maintain project information and open items for clear references and easy retrieval
- HS Diploma required BA/BS preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in an administrative support role at a construction company
- Experience interacting/communicating with outside customers (calls, inquires, concerns)
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to position and tasks
- Dependable, Driven, strong personal work ethic
- Able to effectively manage information, schedules and people
- Well organized and able to appropriately prioritize tasks
- Professional and clear communicator
- Excellent administrative skills
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint)
This is a stationary position involving constant operation of computers and other office machinery. Substantial repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers are required. Occasional needs to move inside the office to access file cabinets, copiers, and other office machinery.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Community
Our team is devoted to creating laboratories that meet the needs of the scientific community. Great leadership and talented team members are the heart and soul of our thriving environment. We focus on providing the best customer service possible and are committed to bringing our clients great results through integrity, dedication, and professionalism. Our clients include Harvard University, Genzyme Corporation, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Duke University, NASA and Coca Cola.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care, paid company holidays, and paid vacations.