Human Resources Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About New England Lab
For over 25 years, New England Lab has provided laboratory furniture systems that support breakthrough discoveries and scientific advancement for everything from pharmaceutical research, to life science discoveries, to enhancing products we use every day. We are a growing full-service specialty sub-contractor and are proud to have provided laboratory furniture systems to some of the leading university, biotech, government, corporate, industrial and medical research facilities in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Carolinas.
New England Lab is seeking an HR Assistant to support the daily functions of the HR department, including recruitment, employee relations, training, employee development and retention. You will work with the internal HR team to implement and evaluate processes, procedures and culture at the company. Proactive planning, organization, coordination and communication are all essential to your role and daily tasks. This is a full-time salary role, with typical hours 8am to 5pm. This position reports to the Business Manager or HR Generalist.
The HR Assistant plays a key role in staffing, development and success of our team and our clients. Responsible for recruiting, onboarding, training, and maintaining policies/procedures for the daily workforce operations of New England Lab. You will provide support to the current internal HR team and be a resource for employee requests regarding HR policies, benefits and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support for general HR functions (recruitment, policies, training, employee development, etc.)
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR records, and documentation within company HRIS
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Identify internal and external recruitment sources including career fairs, training programs, job boards, etc
- Keep online postings current, screen candidates and coordinate interview process with hiring managers
- Participate and conduct interviews with candidates
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Conduct or assist with new hire onboarding/training
- Assist with the planning and execution of company events and maintains a company event calendar
- Support managers with forms, data and resources to assist with employee development and coaching
Skills & Competencies
- 1+ years’ experience in HR (experience with Recruiting is strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- BA/BS required (Business HR or related field a plus)
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to role
- Driven, strong personal work ethic
- Strong conflict resolution abilities
- Able to effectively manage information, schedules and personalities
- Well organized and able to appropriately prioritize tasks
- Professional and clear communicator
- Excellent administrative and project management skills
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
This is a stationary position involving constant operation of computers and other office machinery. Substantial repetitive motions of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers are required. Occasional needs to move inside the office to access file cabinets, copiers, and other office machinery.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by law.
We offer growth opportunities for motivated professionals and a great compensation package including, dental insurance, medical insurance, and vision insurance, pre-tax accounts for health and dependent
New England Lab
Get fresh Abbott Laboratories HR jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.