New England's Heritage Properties Headquarters is in Lowell, MA and has been committed to providing the highest quality apartment rental service in the Merrimack Valley for over 40 years. We have grown into Providence, RI and Londonderry, NH and are always looking for great people to join our team, share their talents and grow with us.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the full Accounts Payable cycle including preparing purchase orders and processing invoices timely and accurately for multiple properties, as well as communicating with property managers and vendors. Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to) processing inbound mail, answering office phones, and assisting co-workers as necessary. The Accounts Payable Specialist will report directly to the Senior Accountant.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversee purchase orders, working directly with property managers and supervisors to ensure efficient and accurate processing
- Able to process high volume of invoices into Yardi, ensuring all invoices are paid timely
- Issue and mail payments to vendors
- Resolve invoice and payment discrepancies with vendors
- Track utility usage of properties
- Record laundry coin income for multiple properties
- File annual reports for all properties
- Reconcile credit card statements with applicable invoices
- Assist company personnel as needed
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct them to the proper extension
- Assist in opening mail delivery and disbursement
- Maintain Corporate Office supplies inventory and equipment
- Any duties on the job description could change or new duties can be added at any time
§ Associates degree or equivalent is required
§ 1+ years Accounts Payable experience required; working with Yardi software preferred
§ Valid driver’s license required
§ Reliable personal vehicle to travel around to multiple properties
§ Proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
§ Must be highly motivated and able to work independently by reviewing and researching company reports
§ Ability to handle pressure due to complexity and time-sensitivity of tasks
§ Possess excellent organizational and proofreading skills, with strong attention to detail
§ Friendly, energetic with strong interpersonal skills
§ Proven phone and in-person skills
§ Ability to be an active team member within the company
§ Ability to preserve and respect resident and applicant confidentiality
§ Professional demeanor and appearance to properly represent property portfolio
§ Required to sit or stand for long periods of time
§ Required to walk interior and exterior of properties in good and bad weather
§ Infrequent light physical effort required
§ Required to drive to and from Heritage Properties’ sites – with personal vehicle, mileage is reimbursed
Job Type: Full-time
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Wage: $17.00-$19.00/hour based on skill set & experience
BENEFITS (Heritage Properties offers progressive benefits upon hire after 90 days):
§ Medical and Dental insurance
§ Company Provided Life and LTD Insurance
§ 401k Retirement Savings Plan
§ Paid Time Off
§ Paid Holidays
§ Mileage reimbursement
For more information about New England’s Heritage Properties, please visit our website at www.heritageprop.net.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to criminal records check.