Patron Experience Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $48,000 Yearly
New England Conservatory, an independent not-for-profit institution, is recognized internationally as a leader among music schools, educating and training musicians of all ages from around the world. With music students representing more than 40 countries, NEC cultivates a diverse, dynamic community for students, providing them with performance opportunities and high-caliber training by 225 internationally esteemed artist-teachers and scholars. NEC pushes the boundaries of making and teaching music through college-level musical training in classical, jazz, and Contemporary Improvisation. It offers unique interdisciplinary programs such as Entrepreneurial Musicianship and Community Performances & Partnerships that empower students to create their own musical opportunities. As part of NEC's mission to make lifelong music education available to everyone, the Preparatory School and School of Continuing Education delivers training and performance opportunities for children, pre-college students, and adults.
NEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
New England Conservatory (NEC) has determined that the highest possible rate of COVID-19 vaccination offers the best assurance of safeguarding the health of all members of our community. Therefore, NEC is requiring all employees to receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by September 3, 2021. All newly hired employees at NEC must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. Additionally, all members of the NEC community are required to receive a COVID-19 vaccine booster by February 1, 2022, or within fourteen days of eligibility. For more information, please contact NEC Human Resources.
The Patron Experience Manager is responsible for New England Conservatory (NEC) Box Office duties including fulfillment of single ticket sales, email marketing, working as back up front of house at concerts, assisting with operations and administrative functions, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Manage the day-to-day ticket operations for approximately 15 concerts a month, including accurate ticket build and consignment for rentals and all NEC concerts in NEC’s ticketing system, Patron Manager.
- Coordinate with Marketing and other entities as necessary to ensure concert listings are up-to-date and use Patron Manager tools to support the promotion of concerts.
- Provide regular reports on audience trends to support institutional decision making.
External Rental Concerts:
- Create web concert listings on the NEC website for all rental concerts.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Director of Business Relations & Event Management and Special Projects Producer.
- Pull regular reports on audience trends to support institutional decision making.
On-Site Guest Experience:
- Foster an Exceptional Patron Experience by serving as primary greeter both for phone calls and in-person visitors, deliveries, etc., and maintaining the box office as a friendly and welcoming environment for any visitors.
- Responding to customer queries in an informative and courteous manner (phone, email, and in-person).
- Create Patron Experience Manager strategy and best practices.
- Informing the Director and other staff of important issues needing their attention.
- Providing superior at-hall experiences, helping plan and execute front of house, and assist in on-site ticketing and will call, wayfinding, and problem-solving.
- Working with the Director to improve patron experience through process improvements.
- Printing and coordinating physical front of house materials including usher nametags, reserved signs, and other items as required.
- Maintain Box Office area, including signage, maintaining marketing materials and decoration.
- Assist the Box Office Manager in the implementation of a training program to ensure that all staff are properly trained in customer service and take part in emergency response and public safety training.
- Complete patron ticketing needs in a courteous and professional manager, including executing single ticket, merchandise, and subscription sales over the phone, in person, and via email.
Email Marketing and PM Database:
- Suggesting additional performances or experiences a patron may enjoy based on history or expressed interest.
- Assist the Director in ensuring all Box Office information such as policies and opening hours are accurately and appropriately publicized via the website, email, and print communications.
- Assist in internal Patron Experience administration, including
- Working with the Director to troubleshoot and correct database issues.
- Maintain and optimize hard copy and digital storage of important files and forms.
- Clean up a database for duplicate records and for the annual cleanup process.
- Attend Marketing Department meetings when possible and assist department activities as needed.
- Acknowledge concert attendance, increased communications around event attendance.
- Support other tasks as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, performing arts, arts administration, business administration, or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in customer service, sales, account management, and/or box office administration preferred.
- Proficiency in CRM Platform, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel); Google Suite; working knowledge of a patron and ticketing system required, Patron Manager is a plus.
- Positive attitude and can-do approach to challenges.
- Outgoing, goal-oriented, and customer-focused; ability to display courtesy and remain efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, sometimes under pressure.
- Self-motivated team player with organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- This position will require regular work inside an office environment and occasional work on nights and weekends.
- Medical Plans
- Retirement Savings Account
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, New England Conservatory of Music (NEC) commits to providing all current and prospective students and employees with access to the annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report. This report will provide the reader with a record of statistics regarding crimes that were reported in the NEC community during the previous three years as well as College policies and procedures, in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.This report may be accessed here View the report. A paper copy can be requested by contacting NEC's Director of Public Safety at 290 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115.
New England Conservatory of Music
RetailView all jobs at New England Conservatory of Music