Nurse Manager ICU & Med/Surg Floor with Telemetry
REFER A FRIEND
Department: Jenks 4 East - 603500
Hours Per Week:Full time 40 hours per week
Location:New England Baptist Hospital,
125 Parker Hill Ave,
Assumes accountability and responsibility for the management and development of nursing and ancillary staff, and the delivery of patient care for a busy inpatient medical surgical unit. This includes oversight of the daily operations, clinical practice, outcomes and regulatory compliance. Contributes towards the attainment of the goals and objectives of New England Baptist Hospital. Responsibility is centralized within six major areas: leadership, clinical practice, professional development, strategic planning, management of the environment and resource management.
1. Manages systems in order to accomplish patient, unit and departmental and institutional goals.
2. Initiates and manages change, ensuring appropriate support and resoucres to staff.
3. Monitors and ensures excellence in the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care.Develops and implements action plans to meet outcomes.
4. Consults with patients and families in response to staff nurse requests, direct family requests and/or direct assessment of patient/family responses to hospitalization.
5. Interacts with staff nurses for the purpose of assessing the care provided and the nurses' capabilities to provide care in changing circumstances.
6. Develops unit goals and plans to respond to external and internal factors that affect the delivery of patient care.
7. Accountable for managing human, fiscal and other resources needed to support clinical nursing practice and positive patient outcomes. Maintains effective and appropriate staffing levels in compliance with authorized personnel complements.
8. Collaborates with physicians, hospital administrators and other clinical and administrative staff on methods of delivering care
9. Delivers staff competencies and gives input.
10. Utilizes knowledge of federal, state, hospital, and unit and accreditation agencies and standards, policies and procedures to direct patient care. Manages departmental activities so that quality services are provided in a safe, efficient, effective and timely manner meeting all applicable hospital, regulatory, licensure and accrediting regulations.
+ Masters Degree
+ ACLS Certification
Work Experience Requirements:
+ 5-8 years required work experience
+ 1-3 years Supervisory/ Management Experience
+ Critical Care Experience Required