Building Engineer - Mechanical Systems Operator
New England Aquarium Boston, MA
- Expired: September 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
New England Aquarium is seeking a full-time Building Engineer (Mechanical Systems Operator (MSO)) to join our Facilities team. This individual will support the safe operations of the major life support systems throughout our diverse exhibits and holding facilities. In addition, the MSO will support HVAC and other equipment. This is a great opportunity to work with colleagues from across the Aquarium supporting their efforts to ensure the highest level of care for the animals in our collection.
New England Aquarium has implemented comprehensive safety protocols for employees and visitors to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure. In addition, the Aquarium requires all staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested and approved.
This is a full-time regular position offering a comprehensive benefits package. The schedule will be Sunday-Thursday 8:00 am-4:00 pm. Part of the week will be scheduled in Quincy and part in Boston. Flexibility is required for vacation and other coverage needs.
- Conducts roving rounds of the various NEAq exhibits and facilities in Boston and Quincy. Observes instruments, records readings, and maintains an activities log.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance.
- Operates major life support equipment.
- Conducts water treatments under the direction of the Water Quality Lab.
- Assists animal care teams and other trades such as electricians and mechanics as needed.
- If covering overnight, acts as the Aquarium liaison to police and fire departments, as well as liaison with animal care personnel if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications Minimum Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years of related experience.
- Valid drivers' license and willingness to drive a pick-up truck.
- Ability to lift up to 59 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Experience with the safe operation of equipment and power tools.
*Please note this position requires passing a pre-employment physical.*
For more information and to apply online please visit: http://neaq.applicantpro.com/jobs/
New England Aquarium is committed to diversity, equity and, inclusion in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer as defined by the EEOC.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
New England Aquarium
ManufacturingView all jobs at New England Aquarium