- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
New Earth is seeking a highly organized, dynamic program manager to join our program team. The program manager is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision, expansion of and evaluation of all the programs of our rapidly growing Los Angeles non-profit serving juvenile justice system involved youth. As a member of the management team, the program manager participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving. He/she will improve the programs sustainability, growth, and expansion in support of organization’s mission -- specifically, support instructor accountability, information flow, program integrity and structure. He/she works within the guidelines, values and mission of the organization and will be accountable and responsible for specific projects as assigned.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. We offer a highly competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, paid sick days and paid vacation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation, management, supervision, and evaluation of all activities of all of the organization’s programs in accordance with the organization’s mission and national standards
- Responsible for the supervision and management of all communication and data needed to run the programs smoothly and effectively
- Develop, implement, and maintain instructor training program in partnership with Program Director to ensure program sustainability and long-term success
- Implement F.L.O.W program curriculum and ensure quality control among all instructors
- Compile, maintain and report on the monthly, quarterly and annual program statistics.
- Analyze trends in the program, identifying issues and developing and recommending solutions to the director of programming
- Implement, manage, supervise and evaluate all activities related to the program instructors and coordinators
- Responsible to order programming supplies as needed and in accordance with the program budget
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of program instructors to support the programs.
- Supervise and manage all program instructor employees, partners and independent contractors
- Develop lead program instructor to facilitate training of new hires
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Responsible for New Earth new member program enrollment
- Maintains all enrollment records and provides copy to case management team
- Remain in constant contact with partner agencies, the Culver City School District staff and leadership, LACOE teachers, principals and key constituents to ensure quality control and programmatic success
- Identify and form partnerships to enhance and increase the number of programs offered by the organization where appropriate.
- Conduct site visits on a monthly basis to review classes, instructor performance and ensure the integrity of New Earths programming is being upheld
- Ensures smooth execution of programming activities
- Provide Executive team with weekly reports as requested
- Special projects and initiatives as requested
- Degree in Social Work or related field i.e. human services, healthcare or education
- At least 5 years experience in program management, Non-profit sector a plus, not a must.
- Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills
- Extremely organized and thrives in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Strong team management and leadership skills
- Commitment to social justice and the organization’s mission
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of government contract management and knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, multi-tasking community environment
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegates responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Must have reliable transportation
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
New Earth OrganizationWhy Work Here?
Awesome leaders, dynamic and empowering work environment, working in the heart of LA and making an incredible impact.
Our mission is to provide mentor-based arts, educational, and vocational programs that empower juvenile justice system involved youth ages 13-25 to transform their lives, move toward positive, healthier life choices, and realized their full potential as contributing members of our community. We offer programs in juvenile probation facilities in Los Angeles as well as transitional programs post release. We are committed to significantly reducing the mass youth re-incarceration rate in Los Angeles. New Earth is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. www.newearthlife.org
AddressCulver City, CA
BusinessView all jobs at New Earth Organization