Resident Service Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $22 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
- Responsible for conducting regular assessments of tenants which includes needs assessment and a plan for the retention of their permanent housing. Develops individualized service plans and monitors progress in achieving goals; assists residents in goals planning, money management, recreation, family support and providing ongoing support, crisis intervention and educational or community oriented groups.
- Creates and maintains resident case files both in hard copy and in HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) in compliance with funding requirements and program guidelines. Collects and records documentation to connect residents with resources and additional program support.
- Responsible for maintaining exceptional, thorough and timely communication between the Property Management Team and any other site based service providers to ensure the ability to effectively meet the needs of the clients and the contracted delivery of services as provided in the MOU.
- Develops a budget for site based programs that include community-building and/or other enrichment activities for tenants such as tenant councils, outings, and community engagement. Plans and successfully conducts those events and other community building events working consultatively with other Program staff to ensure appropriate levels of program activities based on going individual assessments.
- Identifies local resources to assist in the provision of services, developing and maintaining positive relationships between community resources and the organization.
- Provides visually appealing monthly calendar and newsletter of activities on an ongoing and regular basis.
- Responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and facilitating transportation planning for off-site services and events, including traveling with or transporting tenants to appointments when needed.
- Utilizes evidence based practices such as Motivational Interviewing, Strength-based Case Management and Trauma Inform Care to assist tenants with self-sufficiency and stabilization.
- Participate in conference, workshops, special projects, staff meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Be service oriented, able to set priorities, meet deadlines, maintain a professional attitude, conduct and appearance at all times. Possess excellent organization skills, initiative and follow through.
- Proficient in basic office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet use) with the ability to generate correspondence and reports that support the documentation of site based duties and activities.
- Able to effectively work with persons experiencing homelessness, physical and/or mental disabilities and/or active substance use.
Education & Experience & Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or
- 2-3 of experience working with non-profit social services agency.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License, reliable transportation, current vehicle registration, proof of insurance and the ability to be insured by New Directions.
- Successfully complete a background check, drug screen and annual TB test.
New Directions for VeteransWhy Work Here?
A chance to make a difference in Veteran's lives!!
New Directions for Veterans (NDVets) is staffed by a dedicated team of professionals who thrive in a rapidly growing, visionary organization. We seek individuals who can use their skills and commitment to help us in our mission to improve the lives of veterans. As a member of our team you will reap benefits far beyond a paycheck.
11303 Wilshire Blvd.Los Angeles, CA