The Executive Director is responsible for all day to day operations of a growing network of substance abuse programs, including sober living homes, a retreat center and a sober bar. Demonstrated experience in managing key functions in a behavioral health residential system is preferred, including human resources, marketing, growth initiatives, state and accreditation compliance and finance management. Must be able to create strong teams and work independently under the guidance of the organization President and Board of Directors.
- Works closely with President and Board Members to forward the mission of the organization.
- Responsible for overall management of staff, various programs and committees.
- Ensures the development, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures.
- Regular monitoring of the programs and addresses changes in accordance to the needs of the organization
- Establishing and maintaining liaison relationships and communication with board members, staff and community.
- Planning for, and administration of, the managerial, operational, financial, and reporting components of the organization.
- Compiles and monitors organizational budgets for presentation to the board treasurer to allow for informed board oversight in financial matters.
- Creation of KPIs for success for programs and establish data collection needs to monitor.
- Regular evaluation of resident care, staff performance and customer service.
- Directly communicate to the Board of Directors and follow up with periodic updates to address immediate concerns and approval of all administrative decisions that affect personnel and programs. Attends and provides updates at monthly committee and board meetings.
- Recruitment of staff best fitted for positions based on their education, training, competencies and certifications. Provided staff onboarding and orientation, ongoing staff education and weekly staff meetings.
- Works closely with the committee and program directors to ensure program operations are in accordance with established guidelines and organization philosophy.
- Works with marketing teams to develop community relationships and promote the organization’s reputation and standing in the community and recovery field. Works to develop relationships with businesses, organizations and individuals to further mission.
- Serves as organization ambassador and is available to represent the company in community and professional networking events; conferences and various public relations activities.
- Attends job-specific trainings offered within and outside of organization to enhance job skills and knowledge. Develops and utilizes knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations governing confidentiality. Stays abreast of developments in the field, behavioral health and Medication-Assisted Therapy, to ensure residents are receiving the best services possible.
- Manage all existing office vendors including IT and phone support, office equipment maintenance and repair, and other related suppliers; negotiate contracts when necessary.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in leadership roles in the substance abuse treatment and/or business sector, with substantial experience in the human needs field or related non-profit-management field;
- Proven ability to develop and sustain a team-based, collaborative culture with a service focus;
- Depth of skill in strategic and business planning and managing through metrics and outcomes;
- Significant experience hiring, developing and retaining top talent in senior management roles;
- Budgetary accountability in the range of $1-$2m and proven financial management skills;
- Knowledge of national trends in behavioral health and how they manifest locally;
- A track record of manifesting positive relationships and partnerships with stakeholders;
- Compassion for New Directions Addiction Recovery Services’ clients and belief in our mission.
- Knowledge state and federal regulations applicable to our non-profit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Non-Profit Administration, Human Services, or other related degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
We offer a competitive salary along with paid time off and the opportunity for professional development and leadership of a quickly growing non-profit in McHenry County.