For this newly created position, the ideal candidate will be informative, be data driven and want variety in their responsibilities. This position requires someone who can multi-task and has a strong attention to detail and exactness. You’ll be a key person on the finance team of one of the fast-growing companies in Portland, supporting the Director of Accounting and Vice President of Finance in a variety of routine and ad hoc tasks.
The ideal candidate will either have experience in or demonstrate capability and willingness of handling the workstream in a startup environment – A wide scope of responsibilities, and an ability to quickly adjust schedules and routines based on changing needs.
If this sounds like you, then you may be a qualified candidate and we encourage you to apply!
Primary Job Responsibilities will be:
1. Accounts Payable – Accurately record customer payments and reconcile accounts. Process accounts payable invoices, payments and maintain accounting files. Lead weekly/semi-weekly check runs.
2. General Accounting and Finance Department Tasks – Complete reconciliations, ensure accuracy of general ledger and reconcile bank account monthly. Assist in the preparation of a variety of different reports, including reports to investors. Audit tax, licensing and preparation of year-end 1099 reports.
3. Administrative Office Functions – Assist in other general office/administrative tasks to include running various reports, support to the accounting and finance department, back-up to payroll.
- Assist with month-end close.
- Establish records of accounts and input accounting data entries.
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel.
- Organize financial documents to proper filing.
- Create excel spreadsheets to approve and update credit card payments.
- Track, prepare and verify all company payments, invoicing, expenditures, and employee paychecks.
- Process payments through bank accounts and credit cards and follows up with any questions and/or concerns.
- Reconcile processed documents by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Resolves invoice discrepancies effectively and in a timely manner.
- Contribute new strategies and knowledge to the department to effectively improve the payment process.
- Handle special projects / assigned tasks as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounting, accounts payable, and payroll within a professional environment. Accounting certificate or degree desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and Word
- Experience with ADP, Quickbooks or exposure to other accounting software preferred.