Human Resources Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
New Columbia Solar's (NCS) mission is to make solar a reality for our entire community. NCS is a solar energy company specializing in developing, financing, and operating solar energy systems within the built environment. The company designs and delivers comprehensive procurement and solar investment solutions for businesses, municipalities, and institutions empowering them to achieve their sustainability goals and positively impact their community.
We are looking for a detail-oriented Human Resources Coordinator who is looking to learn and grow their career. This position will be the first point of contact for internal HR requests/matters and will be responsible for administration of the day-to-day HR functions of the company. We operate in a fast-paced environment, and we are looking for someone that can stay extremely organized while being very responsive and addressing multiple requests at once. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform HR functions including, but not limited to: new hire onboarding, terminations, benefits administration, employment and income verifications, immigration matters, etc.
- Maintain HRIS system (iSolved) and Applicant Tracking System
- Assist with maintaining compliance with county, state, and federal regulations
- Disseminate communications to employees
- Manage company's benefits programs
- Handle STD, LTD, COBRA, worker's compensation claims, and FMLA paperwork
- Respond to employee benefit and leave questions and concerns in a timely fashion
- Attend relevant human resources trainings to learn about and remain current in human resources
- Manage recruiting process, including, but not limited to, posting jobs, identifying relevant job candidate pools, scheduling interviews, soliciting feedback from interviewers, providing weekly reports on recruiting activities, creating offer letters
- Provide initial recruiting phone screens for selected positions
- Collect timesheets and act as an initial contact for inquiries and issues related to payroll
- Produce draft payroll
- Reconcile benefit bills
- Work with external consultant and/or management to ensure HR guidelines and standards are met
- Ensure accuracy and confidentiality of HR systems data
- Assist all departments with generating training content and administering the company's learning management system (LMS)
- Maintain employee handbooks and other personnel related policies
- A bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong problem-solving and attention to detail
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure/volume environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook), Google Suite and HRIS databases
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Full-time availability
- Demonstrates a desire and ability to learn
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. and pass a background check and drug test
- SHRM-CP certification/participation
- Familiarity with iSolved and iHire platforms
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (written and spoken)
- 401k Plan With 3% Employer Contribution
- Unlimited PTO
- Choice of Medical Plans
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Professional Growth and Development Budget
How to Apply:
- For consideration, please apply through the company website at: newcolumbiasolar.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: New Columbia Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: New Columbia Solar provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
New Columbia Solar
BusinessView all jobs at New Columbia Solar