Director of Asset Management
- Expired: January 31, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
New Columbia Solar (NCS) is the leading developer, owner, and operator of Commercial & Industrial solar projects in the Washington DC area. The Company's mission is to make solar a reality for our entire community. NCS specializes in developing, financing, and operating solar energy systems within the built environment. The company designs and delivers comprehensive procurement and solar investment solutions for businesses, municipalities, and institutions empowering them to achieve their sustainability goals and positively impact their community.
NCS is looking for a Director of Asset Management to lead the management of our growing fleet of operating solar projects and serve as a key member of the Company's leadership group. This role will report to the Executive Leadership Team and will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Company's asset management practices. Specifically, the Director of Asset Management will be responsible for managing a team of asset management and O&M personnel and implementing the Company's processes and strategies to ensure smooth asset performance. To be successful, a candidate should have a strong working knowledge of commercial solar, project finance, solar asset operations, and investor relations. An outstanding candidate should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all financial, contractual, commercial, and reporting obligations of 10+ tax-equity portfolios made up of C&I systems and some residential systems
- Regularly communicate directly with lenders, tax equity investors, and other key stakeholders
- Oversee Asset Management and Operations and Maintenance P&L including AP/AR, cash management, budgeting, and distributions to equity
- Manage Operations and Maintenance personnel providing guidance on process development, budgeting, spare parts strategy, and task prioritization
- Manage relationship with key stakeholders and serve the point of contact for solar project customers and landlords
- Oversee administration of SREC transaction in conjunction with NCS's 3rd party SREC manager, ensuring timely receipt of SREC revenues
- Execute payment of operating expenses incurred by assets
- Prepare quarterly reporting for financing partners, including distribution waterfalls for investors and debt service reporting for lenders
- Review financial statements for accuracy and assist with the provision of information required to complete reporting
- Assist with the preparation of income tax returns for all partnerships
- Assist with the preparation of annual financial audits for tax equity partnerships, in conjunction with the in-house accounting team
- Manage third party accountants to deliver accurate and timely financial information
- Ensure timely and accurate registration and settlement of SRECs
- Determine when to sell SRECs and when to enter into new SREC hedges to optimize returns
- Actively monitor performance, weather, and operational data from operating project with the assistance of a dedicated engineering resource; recommend solutions for optimizing performance
- Negotiate Asset Management and Operations and Maintenance Services Agreements
- Serve as internal resource for operational questions and concerns
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or similar field
- 5-10 years of project finance, asset management, or asset operations experience
- Strong understanding of solar technology and solar project financing
- Working knowledge of commercial solar asset operations
- Understanding of cash and accrual and multi-entity accounting
- Strong understanding of SREC hedging and settlements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong business and personnel management skills
- Strong organizational and stress management skills
- Ability to train and manage staff
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Full-time availability
- Vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- Proven understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Demonstrated experience in business management at an executive level
- Experience implementing systems including accounting systems, ERPs, and work order management tools
- Experience with asset performance analytics
- Experience working on net-energy-metered and community solar systems
- 401k Plan With 3% Employer Contribution
- Flexible Leave Policy
- Choice of Medical Plans, Dental, and Vision
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Long Term Disability
- Company Paid Life & AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Professional Growth and Development Budget
How to Apply:
- For consideration, please apply through the company website at: newcolumbiasolar.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: New Columbia Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: New Columbia Solar provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
New Columbia Solar
Get fresh Owner Operator Part Time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.