Waste Water Manager
New Careers Accomac, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsibilities: This is a salaried Waste water Manager position responsible for compliance with all current and future federal, state, and local environmental regulatory requirements for all waste water, sludge / biosolids management, storm water and potable water systems supporting the poultry slaughter & processing operations. This position will gain the working knowledge and ability to ensure compliance with various regulatory programs and applicable permits.
- The Waste water Manager is expected to oversee and direct all scheduling of maintenance activities, ordering supplies and chemicals, and scheduling and management of all sludge handling operations and activity.
- Develop the skills necessary to manage compliance with: Waste water operation, sludge/biosolids programs, laboratory compliance and certification, storm water management and compliance, and potable water operations for the facility.
- The position will supervise and manage all waste water operators and laboratory personnel and develop certified and licensed staff capable of operating 24 hours coverage of waste water operations in compliance with regulatory requirements. Manage waste water operators including hiring, training and developing associates to ensure production requirements, environmental regulation, and carbon foot print reduction goals are met at the lowest cost.
- Provide timely, accurate and consistent reports to internal and external customers. These may include safety, production, human resources, administrative and the regulatory community.
- Provides a safe work environment for all associates by eliminating unsafe acts or conditions, and adhering to all company safety policies. Adheres to all safety requirements including PPE, preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions. Lockout Tag Out procedure and process safety management related matters.
- Will have dotted line responsibilities over Environmental Planner - Ensuring that Recycling & Yard personnel are maintaining sanitary conditions of their work areas which includes the back of the harvesting facility.
- The Waste water Manager will also cover the Environmental Manager’s position & responsibilities whenever the Environmental Manager is away from the facility due to PTO, LOA, Training, etc.
Requirements: A BS degree (preferred) or equivalent related work experience in Engineering, Environmental Science or Biological Science plus at least 5 years of work experience in the operation of a biological activated sludge waste water system.
- Must have knowledge of federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- The position must possess a State issued waste water certification equivalent to no less than one certification level below the state required certification level for this plant. A condition of employment would be to obtain the state required certification level of the facility within 18 months of employment.
Energy and Environment