New Careers Wytheville, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Blacksburg, VA manufacturing client is looking to hire a Technical Manager. Position is responsible for the strategic development of as well as the maintenance, repairs, installation and improvement of equipment and support systems at the facility by directing, managing and developing all Maintenance department employees.
- Fully involved with local management team. Provides technical input, solutions and options on improving productivity/efficiencies and product quality for area of responsibility.
- Establish strategic plan and priorities for the maintenance function/department and works closely with the Plant Manager, and H.R. Manager to ensure the effective utilization of available resources.
- Directly supervise the maintenance management staff, ensuring a motivated, skilled workforce. Assess skills, writes performance reviews and recommends and/or provides training to ensure department personnel are technically competent to maintain equipment in use at the facility.
- Strategically determines the movement of molds to and from the facility and act as the key contact person for molds at the facility.
- Responsible for tracking expenditures and labor costs to ensure compliance with plant and department budgets.
- Recommend and implement programs to eliminate identified problems, to improve labor utilization, upgrade facilities, and reduce costs.
- Seek bids on construction, alteration or installation work as required. Recommend contractors based on cost, workmanship, and completion dates. Administer such contracts and coordinate work performed to ensure expectations are met and contractors adhere to facility policies.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, improvement and compliance of preventative maintenance programs. Ensure repair work is documented.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and local safety and health, environmental, building and fire ordinances and standards not limited to lockout, haz-com, machine guarding and waste disposal. Actively participate in local safety programs and ensure maintenance team performs work in a safe manner.
- Actively participates in all plant audits, including GMP, HACCP, and GFSI, and is the alternate Product Safety Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering discipline preferred, or equivalent knowledge and experience in a Supervisory Role.
- Ten years industrial maintenance experience, preferably with injection or blow molding experience.
- Must have good working knowledge of high production machinery and facilities.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.