Supplier Quality Engineer
New Careers Greenville, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Established global company with a good working culture in the upstate of SC commutable to the west of Greenville has a newly created opportunity for a Supplier Quality Engineer. This is a manufacturer and distributor. In this role will work with procurement, manufacturing engineering, and the quality department in in coordination with external suppliers for technical communication related to company materials and components needed for production. Will travel domestically and potentially internationally visiting supplier facilities up to 25%. Some of the responsibilities include leading the resolution of supplier quality problems, gauge R&R facilitation when required, reviewing and assessing supplier manufacturing procedures, participate in cost reduction activities and projects, participate in internal and cross-functional teams, and participate in the development of a supplier quality manual for the company’s procurement department. There is a 4% bonus potential as well as relocation assistance available.
- Engineering related bachelor degree
- At least 3 years of experience quality, manufacturing, procurement and/or related field
- Willing to overnight travel up to 25%
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability with time management and organization that is excellent
- Customer service and negotiation skills that are excellent
- Able to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks in a timely manner
- Attention to detail and accuracy that is outstanding
- Must understand common business practices related to procurement, terms, pricing, shipment, taxes and payment for products and services
- Understanding of quality practices in manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing principles understanding
- Knowledge related to ISO requirements, traceability, gauging, inspection techniques, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Windchill, Creo, and AS400 Software
- Manufacturing processes and terminology understanding
- Working knowledge of drawings, models and manufacturing processes including machined and stamped components, castings, and rubber/plastic molding