New Careers Ames, IA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$90-100K plus bonus
Our client is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer to their Ames, Iowa location. This Manufacturing Engineer plans and designs complex manufacturing processes in an industrial plant. This Engineer has full technical responsibility for planning, organizing and conducting independent technical projects for the engineering support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding, brazing, assembly and material handling.
- Provide complex advisory support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Conceive and plan projects involving production activities, exploration of new production and/or process problems, and the definition
- Conduct independent technical investigations involving the application of complex technical principles.
- Evaluate test and production data, prepare technical analysis, and recommend manufacturing methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
- Coordinate complex technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, Engineering Change Notices, rework, and manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Coordinate with other technical support personnel.
- Assign work to drafters and technicians, technical writers, engineering technicians and machine shop personnel as required.
- Provide work leadership for lower-level employees.
- Maintain broad knowledge of current and potential product designs, manufacturing processes, and assembly techniques.
- Work with product development teams to ensure Design for Manufacturing (fabrication and assembly) principles are applied to new product designs.
- Coordinate with design, sales, and operations teams to develop manufacturing plans for new products to achieve performance, cost, and quality objectives.
- Lead the development and acquisition of capital equipment required for the manufacturing of new products.
- Coordinate activities of Purchasing, Maintenance, Operations, and Quality to ensure factory readiness for new product launch events.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, quality, and safety.
- Lead cross-functional teams to investigate, propose, and acquire new technology and equipment to improve quality, increase capacity, and reduce costs.
- Define and implement new fabrication and assembly lines, cells, and work stations to meet production capacity, quality, and cost objectives.
- Develop new equipment specifications, estimate project costs and cost savings, drive the building and qualifying of new systems, and oversee the installation and start-up new production equipment.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires at least 5 years related experience.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Experience with analytical and CAD software.
- Requires knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Requires expert knowledge of mechanical and manufacturing theory and design.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.