New Careers Harlan, IA
- Posted: over a month ago
$20-25/hour + 5% bonus
Our Harlan, Iowa client is looking to hire a 1st shift Maintenance Technician (6am-2:30pm). Seeking a high energy, project focused, quality-minded maintenance professional. This Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a range of duties to include installs, troubleshooting, repairs, and maintain all production and facility equipment. This includes repairs to all production machinery, equipment, electrical, electronic control systems as well as to plant and office physical structures.
- Visually inspect and test all production machinery and equipment. Detect malfunction and discuss machine operation or diagnose problems.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repair parts.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of the machinery.
- Repair electrical apparatus such as transformers, wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery.
- Repair hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and repair or replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Repair and maintain the physical structure in both office and plant areas.
- Use grinders, drill presses, mechanical hand and power tools, electrical gauges and a wide variety of hand tools.
- Operate machines such as lathe, grinder, drill and milling machines to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures/tools.
- Fabricate and repair walls, counters, benches, partitions and other wood structures.
- Associates degree in maintenance/electrical-mechanical technology highly desired. Degree not required.
- Experience in serving as a maintenance professional in support of manufacturing systems.
- Ability to work with hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems.
- Ability to service all types of machine shop/sheet metal machinery, including cranes and forklifts.
- Ability to maintain the maintenance of the building systems (HVAC, Plumbing, etc.)
- Strong PLC programming skills is a must have.
- Strong maintenance project management skills required.
- Experience setting up and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits Package
- Vacation and Paid Time Off