New Careers Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Controller will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in support of the Accounting and Finance areas of the Company. The successful candidate will deliver timely and accurate financial reporting, budgeting, financing transaction processes, financial modeling, and special projects to improve operations.
The duties include coordination with the COO to manage accounting department processes. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all relevant accounting and related functions including A/R, A/P, account reconciliations, internal audit, collections, payroll, payroll taxes, sales taxes, budgeting, accruals and internal reporting.
- Responsible for cash management, including bank entries and reconciliations, customer collections, and monthly cash forecasting.
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget and financial projections
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
The ideal candidate would have prior experience working with business finances, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Teamwork is essential to the success of each individual and the firm as a whole. The ideal candidate will have:
- A college degree (Accounting focus preferred)
- 4-6 years progressive experience in accounting/finance
- Big Four accounting experience preferred
- CPA certification preferred, with a mix of public accounting and industry experience
- Excellent computer skills with experience in QuickBooks accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Excel and analytical skills, including financial modeling and analysis.
- Willingness to learn government contract accounting skills; including CAS compliance, billing, pricing and billing rates, incurred cost submission and DCAA audit experience.
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to work with numerous different groups in a large organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Attention to detail and ability to look at the big picture
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
Finance and Insurance