Capital Project Engineering Manager
New Careers Prosperity, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary: Development and execution of the 3 year capital project masterplan. Develops, implements, and manages all aspects of capital projects. Assists in the development of annual and three year capital plans. Performs and/or oversees integrated engineering planning, design, and development, and provides strategic technical coordination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of the annual and three-year capital plans by developing engineering plans, planning for facility management, planning productivity and process improvements, defining individual projects, assigning budgetary costs to projects, attending project support meetings and supporting other departments
- Provides plant-wide consultation, coordination, and professional leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of capital projects and/or repair programs within the broad area of engineering.
- Serves as project manager on comprehensive engineering design projects; sets project parameters, evaluates compliance with project and engineering standards, and approves final designs and installations.
- Performs other duties by managing capital projects and supporting maintenance.
- Develops and implement capital projects by developing the project concept, developing theory and sequence of operation, determining equipment needed, negotiating with vendors, coordinating with personnel and preparing capital expenditure requests (CERs).
- Identifies, investigates, and analyzes a wide range of complex engineering problems.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical preferred).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- At least 5 years engineering experience in food or a related industry, which must include two years project management experience.
- Experience in construction management and facility design
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of engineering principles, methods, and techniques in a food manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of principles of capital improvement cost estimation and contract administration.
- Understanding of principles of programs and project development, management, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills to effectively supervise professional and non-professional staff. (if applicable)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant federal and state laws, regulations, and operating guidelines.
- Skill in writing technical reports and reviewing plans, specifications, and engineering estimates.
- Experience in TPM and/or Lean manufacturing is preferred
- Work requires supervising and monitoring work performance of contracted resources (construction, engineers, vendors) working in the facility.