New Careers Columbia, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
Major established brand name company at their large manufacturing site in eastern GA near Savannah has an opportunity for an Accounting Manager to manage accounting functions and the preparation of reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. Will formulate and administer approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations within assigned entity.
- Will oversee and manage the preparation and presentation of daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual financial information for management and outside parties which may include leading one or more period end closing activities.
- Will ensure controls are in place, general ledger accounts are reconciled on a periodic basis and that overall data and system integrity as it relates to financial data is in compliance with GAAP and Company policies.
- Will manage and ensure general accounting functions are performed properly.
- Prepares and monitors financial forecasts, budgets, expenditures; coordinates variance data and allocations and performs cost estimating projects.
- Functional managers will be worked with throughout the company to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and offer recommendations for improvement and will coordinate review of inventory balances and inventory monitoring programs.
- Will manage division systems and the compilation and analysis of management reports and statistical statements.
- Internal and external financial statement audit requirements will be managed.
- Full range of managerial responsibilities will be performed which may include but not be limited to: interviewing, hiring, coaching and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; EEO/AA; performance management; department budget.
- Other duties as assigned will be performed.
Job Skills Requirements
- Needed is strong analytical skills and knowledge of analysis techniques that assist in report preparation for decision-making purposes
- Understanding that is thorough of general accounting functions as well as cost accounting and standard cost setting
- Familiar with profit and loss analysis, standard operating and capital budgeting
- Advanced organization skills necessary to manage multiple priorities and assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills for interface and communicate with diverse groups
- Needed is leadership skills and the ability to be influential
- Computer literacy, especially experience with financial software systems that is strong
Needed is a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Five years minimum of public accounting experience and CPA designation or seven years of related experience without CPA designation
- SAP is needed
- Working experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
Finance and Insurance