Manufacturing Engineer, 5+ years experience Turning
New Britain Aerospace Manufacturer New Britain, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
Description: Manufacturing Engineer
With over 60 years in business, we are recognized as one of the premier precision CNC Machining companies. We are currently seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineer. We provide training and professional development programs as well as a competitive compensation package. If this sounds like the kind of career move you have been looking to make and if you have the background we need, we want to talk with you!
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for working within the framework of a team.
Your specific duties will include:
Develop innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
· Refine and enhance processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production. Recommend product changes/improvements to Product Engineers.
· Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Coordinate input that may cross multiple teams or areas; make recommendations, and implement changes.
· Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
· Develop tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and work with tooling vendors to supply such designs. Identify and implement solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
· Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Share specialized knowledge with others. Represent Company on specific projects, lead and participate on project teams.
· Check machined parts using sine plates, micrometers, indicators, etc.
· Read and comprehend blue prints and job/operation sheets.
· Make necessary offset adjustments.
· Meet schedules and maintain quality standards.
· Any other duties as assigned by your Manager.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
· Scope/Supervision and Interaction: This job has no supervisory responsibility; however, this position mentors entry-level Manufacturing Engineers and new employees. Must have ability to deal with people at a cross-functional level. Position requires ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form in order to present information and respond to inquiries from employees, customers, and suppliers.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related Engineering or Technology field and 5-7 years of related experience required. Good math skills and familiarity with personal computer and CAD software required.
· Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision. - Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and required. Prefer Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEAs, and quality systems experience.
· Experience with Hitachi Seiki, Okuma, Seibu-twin, Doosan lathes and Tsugami Swiss Turning Lathes. Experience with Fanuc, Seiki and OSP controls, are helpful, but not required.
· Experience working in aerospace manufacturing with tight tolerances, g-code programming, and blueprint reading.
· Working knowledge of micrometers, calipers, CMM, and plate inspection tools.
· Working knowledge of MIs, QSR, ISO, SOP’s work rules and safety guidelines.
· A technical and hands-on approach.
· Working knowledge of SolidWorks, Partmaker and Featurecam is required.
· Ability to communicate with peers and the ability to read and write in English.
New Britain Aerospace ManufacturerWhy Work Here?
High growth business with great work/life balance.
23 St. Clair Ave New Britian CT 06051New Britain, CT