First Piece Inspector Aerospace
New Britain Aerospace Manufacturer New Britain, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
In this role, the person will be responsible for the inspection, verification and documentation of a representative manufactured part from the first production run of a new part or a part that has a revision that cancels the previous first piece inspection result. This may include assemblies/sub-assemblies.
· Under minimal supervision; complete first piece, in-process and incoming inspections.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints is required.
· A comprehensive understanding of GD&T
· Understanding of AQL sampling plans (Z 1.4 or other)
· Competent in the use of precision measurement and test equipment, i.e. Micrometers, Sunnen gages, Johnson thread gages, optical comparators, concentricity gages.
· Knowledge of Gaging Requirements ANSI/ASME.
· Layout skills.
· Knowledge of R&R, SPC, CPK.
· Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
· Highly motivated to complete tasks.
· Ability to maintain first piece dimensional documentation and to be well organized.
· Good communication, interpersonal skills and integrity.
· Must be team orientated and driven to meet company objectives.
· Ability to use a variety of software programs for data input and to research specifications. (i.e. Microsoft Office; Email, Word, Excel.)
· Review documentation for Customer, Supplier, and Internal technical specifications to determine compliance.
· Knowledge of ISO 9001 / AS 9100 standards as a minimum.
· Calibration experience a plus.
· CMM operation capability a plus.
Minimum education requirement: HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum of 5 years quality inspection experience within the Aerospace Manufacturing Industry
New Britain Aerospace ManufacturerWhy Work Here?
High growth business with great work/life balance.