New Beginning Hospice is looking for a full-time Registered Nurse to join our interdisciplinary team. We are looking for a Hospice Nurse to provide care and support to terminally ill patients. For this role, you need to be a registered nurse who sees the value of hospice care in alleviating pain and suffering. A compassionate nature and excellent interpersonal skills will make you a good candidate for this position. You will be performing tasks such as administering medication and providing emotional support. The goal is to help patients live their final days with dignity and comfort. Must be flexible. At least 1 year of hospice experience preferred.
- Experience in admitting new patients to hospice care
- Knowledgeable in hospice criteria for hospice admissions.
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs.
- Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
- Writing and initiating a plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
- Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Develops and maintains therapeutic relationships.
- Plans care and intervene effectively.
- Provides effective pain/symptom assessment and management.
- Promotes patient safety.
- Provides effective patient/family/caregiver/caregiver teaching.
- Supports the death/dying process.
- Manages end-of-life ethical issues effectively.
- Collaborates with IDG in providing patient care.
- Creates timely and accurate documentation.
- Utilizes resources effectively and efficiently.
- Maintains and enhances professional skills.
- Adheres to high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders as required.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings
- Consolo EMR preferred
Hours will be Monday-Friday.
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)