At Avon, beauty is more than skin deep. We are inspired by our community of passionate women; yesterday, today, and tomorrow. The Avon Nation is all about celebrating each other and our achievements in business and in life, inviting others to join us, and committing to be a force for good.
The Universal Specialists takes inbound calls and answers Representative questions to provide a high quality Avon Representative experience. This position provides customer service training and experiences in the Avon business which could lead to future career opportunities.
More specifically, as a Universal Specialist you will:
- Answer inbound phone calls from Avon Representatives and completes a wide variety of issues, and determines appropriate actions to be taken based on established guidelines.
- Respond to inquiries, researches and tracks problems, and resolves issues while building sustainable relationships and trust with our Representatives.
- Answer incoming contacts from future Avon Representatives and provide guidance and support with the objective to help the caller start their Avon business.
- Foster goodwill and positive customer service relationship with callers consistent with meeting metrics and standards including but not limited to customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
- Notify management of any unusual patterns or trends relating to specific problem areas or trends.
- Use available resources, including Information Central, to stay current in product/promotional knowledge, customer service skills, and computer technology skills.
- Rapidly absorb and retain information as it relates to changing product lines, new product introductions, and campaign strategies, price restructuring and frequent upgrades to technology.
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
- Customer Care/Call Center experience preferred
- Demonstrated outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to reflectively listen and demonstrate empathy to interpret Representative problems, identify corrective action, and implement resolutions
- Must have ability to handle pressure and demonstrate flexibility
- Must be able to multi-task utilizing separate technologies simultaneously, phone, email and/or chat
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Proficiency to navigate various computer programs and systems simultaneously
- Eligible for benefits as of date of hire (health, dental, vision, life and other voluntary programs)
- Company sponsored Life insurance, AD&D and Disability benefits with option to buy up
- Wellness incentive programs
- Commuter, Health Reimbursement (HRA) and Flexible Spending (FSA) accounts
- Family Care (back-up child and elder care) benefit Programs
- Additional voluntary benefit programs available such as group legal, critical care, accident, pet insurance and identity protection insurance.
Avon is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.