Provides direct services to specified clients within the scope of agency policies and procedure regulations, utilizing professional training and skills commensurate with the responsibility level of this position. Works under the direct supervision of the Counselor Supervisor.
Specific Duties Include
- Maintains a select caseload with emphasis on the development of environmental and psychosocial needs of clients.
- Performs a wide variety of clinical tasks, including, formulation of comprehensive treatment plans, and the implementation of treatment for complex cases and psycho-social assessments.
- Accepts increasing responsibilities for professional development of analytical, psycho-social diagnostic skills and resourcefulness.
- Performs record keeping functions and proper documentation as recognized by the agency and initiates written and statistical reports.
- Interprets agency policies and procedures to assigned clients.
- Monitors urine specimen activities required for substance abuse analysis as directed.
- Initiates referrals to outside sources as appropriate.
- Works with other personnel assigned to the same client (e.g. medical or psycho-social).
- May be assigned to serve on in-house committees.
- Facilitates at least one group counseling session per week.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in related subject or CADC or CRADC certified. Working knowledge of the DSM 5 and the 2060 Illinois Administrative Code requirements. Must have good written and verbal communication skills. Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Office software. Social networking skills preferred. Must be recertified every two years.