A dynamic Pediatric practice in Las Vegas, NV with four pediatricians, two nurse practitioners, and room to grow is seeking a friendly, outgoing, Pediatric Medical Assistant who enjoys working with children and has experience in doing so. The qualified individual should be very responsible and have a high sense of accountability and honesty.
Great working environment with a focus on teamwork and collaboration. Offering competitive pay, excellent benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision and 401K, and Performance Bonuses.
- Warmly welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone.
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by verifying patient information and history, taking accurate vital signs, confirming purpose of the visit, and entering accurate information into the electronic health record.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations, preparing laboratory specimens, performing basic laboratory tests on premises, administering vaccinations and other medications, authorizing medication refills and telephone prescriptions to pharmacies as directed; obtaining electrocardiograms, spirometry, vision and hearing screening; removing sutures and changing dressings.
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions as directed by the healthcare provider and answering any questions.
- Accurately completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations like HIPAA, OSHA, and CLIA.
- Excellent clinical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication; bilingual Spanish highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years pediatric experience
- Dependable, team-oriented, fast-paced