Nevada Health Centers is in search of a Senior Practice Manager to join their team in Elko, NV. This is a full-time position.
The Practice Manager (PM) leads the implementation and administration of overall operational initiatives under the direction of their senior leader. Creates value and strategic advantage throughout the assigned region, or identified practice location/s, to ensure that patient volume, practice site efficiencies, compliance, and employee engagement and patient satisfaction objectives are met. The PM is responsible for managing all the day-to-day leadership and operational aspects within his/her assigned practice/operational unit and works in collaboration with other PMs and the senior leader to achieve the regional and organizational revenue and expense objectives as compared to budget. The PM works closely with the provider leader to support the providers within the work team so they are engaged and productive. The PM ensures compliance and adherence to all aspects of corporate ethics and corporate compliance, including all regulatory and licensing requirements within the assigned practice/s.
Senior Practice Manager:
In additional the description above, the Senior PM may be responsible for:
- Managing multiple sites or multiple service lines -Managing a hub site within Nevada Health Centers (NVHC)
- Managing high levels of revenue, providers and staff
- Working with the senior leader to mentor newer, less experience practice managers
- Responsible for piloting best practices initiatives
- The requirements for the Senior Practice Manager position will be evaluated annually.
Desired Education or Certifications Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Business Administration or related field with a minimum of three years of experience in clinical practice.
- A combination of education and additional work experience may be combined to meet the degree requirement. The degree requirement can be substituted with 3 additional years of relevant experience.
Senior Practice Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Health or Business Administration or related field with a minimum of six years of experience in clinical practice. Advanced degree is preferred. A combination of education and additional work experience may be combined to meet the degree requirement.
Responsibilities /Functional Job Description
- Supports clinic team members to provide excellent service
- Supports operational senior leaders to ensure organizational goals for all pillars are met
- Works with provider leaders to jointly support providers and clinic support staff to meet encounter and revenue goals and to address shortfalls
- Facilitates the implementation of policies and procedures of the organization
- Follows, monitors, knows and insures compliance with administrative policy and procedure
- Performs quality assurance audits and reviews
- Solicits, records, reviews, and implements suggestions for improving clinic procedures utilizing established processes
- Assesses competencies and provides or facilitates training for clinic staff, including providers (inconjunction with provider leaders) to assure staff obtain all required training.
- Responsible for basic financial statements measures including profit and loss.
- Reviews and guides clinic productivity to ensure clinic meeting established expectations.
- Daily monitor of performance measures.
- Establishes appointment schedule. Maintains smooth patient flow
- Oversees walk in and triage process -Ensures MDS sheets for all chemicals utilized or located in the clinic (toner, cleaning solutions, medical solutions, etc) are maintained in the clinic MDS book
- Ensures timely end of day processes
- Maintains, monitors and accounts for petty cash and change fund -Ensures safety of all staff and customers
- Ensures all equipment in facility is accounted for and is in proper working condition, (medical, technical and office equipment)
- Coordinates with providers to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Ensures and monitors HIPAA compliance and patient confidentiality
- Ensures proper computer policy and procedures are followed
- Implements and manages special grant programs as needed
- Meets with employees to discuss knowledge, skills, proficiency and compliance
- Completes employee evaluations in accordance with NVHC policy and procedure
- Interviews and provides input in regards to hiring clinic and program staff
- Schedules operations personnel and coordinates time off and coverage for assigned clinics and departments
- Sets provider schedules for each clinic in accordance with approved scheduling guidelines provided by the organization.
- Reviews time sheets for accuracy, approves and submits time sheets
- Coordinates new employee orientation verifying knowledge and skill proficiencies
- Conducts/coordinates employee training as needed
- Understands and reviews financial statements to maximize productivity and enhance revenues
- Influences clinic staff in cooperation with billing to ensure appropriate collections.
- Assists billing in insuring staff follows correct billing practices
- Ensures cleanliness of work environment during operational hours
- Ensures compliance with HRSA Requirements for Federally Qualified Health Centers, including required documentation.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with other departments and leadership
- Communicates organizational goals and clinic specific goals assigned clinic teams.
- Performs service recovery following the patient grievance process.
- Monitors patient experience score and provides assigned clinics feedback on performance on a monthly basis.
- Formulation of policies/protocols and establishing objectives and processes for efficient practice operations
- Performs other work related duties as needed
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of clinical policies and procedures, standards and regulations, ability to analyze problems and make decisions in line with state and federal regulations and Centers for Disease control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines
- Knowledge of the essential administrative functions of a medical clinic to include administrative, clinical and financial aspects and CPT and ICD-9 coding
- Skill in basic computer and keyboarding skill and have the ability to enter data within company’s computer system
- Demonstrated ability in leadership and ability to exercise sound independent judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment under stressful situations
NVHC’s Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Nevada Health Centers will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.