Front Office Representative
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Nevada Health Centers, we look for people who will embrace our vision of excellent service. Who have the desire to serve and make a difference in our communities. We value as an organization diversity and inclusion. If you can see yourself here and can deliver a positive impact, then check out some of the details below!
The position offers a comprehensive benefits package with paid time off and paid holidays. Also offers a career progression plan and the opportunity to be a part of our great team!
The Front Office Representative performs all front desk activities and ensures completion of necessary paperwork while following all confidentiality and quality management policies.
Desired Education or Certifications Criteria
- High school diploma or GED equivalent or two years medical/dental front office experience
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
- Greets clients and patients
- Answers phone and takes messages
- Addresses patient questions or concerns
- Insures patient confidentiality
- Issues registration forms and checks for completion and accuracy
- Ensure that patients fill out appropriate forms and checks for accuracy
- Obtains current identification such as; copies of drivers license, insurance card and pertinent sliding fee documentation
- Verifies insurance eligibility
- Obtains HIPPA signature
- Enters registration information into computer for new patients
- Files registration documents in medical record according to policy and procedures
- Obtains valid signature on superbill
- Communicates appropriate policy and procedure which includes; patient payment policy
- Obtains consent for treatment of minors when appropriate
- Refers patients to eligibility/financial workers if available and necessary
- Checks for outstanding balances and encourages payment or directs patient to billing office to make payment arrangements
- Follow appropriate patient walk-in process
- Coordinates paper flow issues with the clinic team
- Work with clinic team to ensure and takes a primary roll in organizing superbill and other forms placed in numerical order at the end of the day
- Checks completeness of all superbills
- Account for all used and voided superbills each day
- Collects patient payments at the time of visit
- Posts superbills and payments in practice management system
- Ensures that daily log balances
- Completes deposit slip, reconciles cash collected to cash-on-hand daily
- Discusses account balance with patients; collect for past due payments or directs patient to billing office when applicable
- Locks and secures cash at end of day
- Is personally responsible for the balancing of all cash at the end of the day, and for making sure that all cash is accounted for.
- Schedules patients office visits
- Contact patients of appointment time (when applicable)
- Provides general filing
- Ensures proper policy and procedure are followed with office duties, such as, DNKA, Lab Tracking, Refills, etc.
- Photocopies forms as needed to support patient flow
- Creates new medical records
- Verifies and ensures competency when utilizing EMR and EPM system
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Skill in operating computer databases
- Ability to read, write, and calculate mathematical figures
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of essential functions in a core dental/medical clinic
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of ADA, CPT and ICD-9-CM coding
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately, effectively and sensitively to special population
- Groups as defined by race, ethnicity, language, age, sex, etc
- Ability to hear and speak to converse over telephone
About our company:
Established in 1977, Nevada Health Centers is the largest provider of primary care for the uninsured, underinsured, and geographically isolated, with 17 health centers, three mobile health programs, and seven Women, Infants, and Children offices.
To provide access to quality healthcare services throughout Nevada.
To create an integrated, provider-led healthcare system that supports the delivery of safe, effective, quality-based primary care to all Nevadans.
Nevada Health Centers (NVHC) is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) commonly called a Community Health Center (CHC). Patients are not discriminated against in the delivery of healthcare services based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or source of payment.
Nevada Health Centers will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
As part of Nevada Health Centers’ COVID-19 response and to protect the health and safety of our staff and patients, unless otherwise prohibited by law, new hires with a start date of November 1, 2021, or later are required to be fully vaccinated.
Fully vaccinated means at least 14 days past the last vaccination in an FDA-approved-vaccine series. For example, 14 days past the single-dose Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or 14 days past the second dose of the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccine.
To prove vaccination, you must provide either 1) the CDC-issued card you received at the time of vaccination, or 2) a copy of your COVID-19 immunization record from a state-sponsored immunization record repository.
Nevada Health Centers I
AddressLas Vegas, NV
Get fresh Front Office Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.