Nevada Health Center is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team full-time in Las Vegas, NV as Manager of Clinical Services.
The Manager of Clinical Services is a Medical Assistant Trainer and Registered Nurse who provides clinical training, direct nursing services and nursing leadership direction for services delivered in a primary care clinic that includes Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Dental and Behavioral Health. This position is also responsible for developing and delivering training for clinical support staff across the organization to ensure high quality clinical outcomes.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing school required. Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
• Licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Nevada required
• Current CPR or BLS certification required
• Minimum three years of experience in a clinical practice with good clinical skills/ability to function as a staff nurse required
• Familiarity with Electronic Health Record systems required
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description:
· Provides oversight of the clinical skills and competencies of the clinical support staff.
· Has dotted line authority for clinical staff and can assign tasks; clinical skill authority over medical assistants and other clinical support staff.
· Assessment of medical support staff competency and ability to identify training opportunities.
· Development and delivery of effective clinical support staff education and development.
· Actively participates in clinical outcome measurement and identifies strategies and opportunities to promote quality, safety and population health.
· Develops effective working relationships with providers, health center leadership and support staff to ensure the needs of the care team are being successfully met.
· Triages walk-ins and phone calls at the health centers, where applicable.
· Analyzes and provides recommendations for ways to improve customer service, improve patient flow, increase productivity, and improve utilization of resources.
· Utilizes professional nursing knowledge and skills in caring for patients in the clinical setting and teaches and delegates care as appropriate.
· Participates as a leader in the administration of NVHC programs, such as the immunization program, to ensure to ensure compliance and a best practice model.
· Administers medications and immunizations to pediatric and adult patients at NVHC clinics and health fairs.
· Responsible that the monthly laboratory quality assurance checks are conducted at all medical and WIC clinics by the RN or delegate.
· RN is a key member of the team responsible for the administration of the Title X program which includes patient care (Elko County area RN only).[RC1] Opens a New Window.
· RN will participate in planning and administering immunizations with assistance from the clinical team, where applicable.[RC2] Opens a New Window.
· Participates in direct patient care and co-visits with MD as applicable.[RC3] Opens a New Window.
· RN is a key member of the team that provides services under the Community Chest contract with Storey County[RC4] Opens a New Window. (Carson City area RN only).
· Acts as a liaison for employee health related matters.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of the essential functions, practices and procedures of a medical clinic and office
· Knowledge of in office lab procedures; pediatric and adult phlebotomy skills
· Knowledge and skill in pediatric and adult medication and immunization administration
· Ability to interact effectively and positively with other staff members
· Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple and shifting priorities
· Excellent ability to problem solve, deescalate/resolve conflict and perform service recovery.
· Ability to effectively utilize AIDET tool set
· Demonstrated ability to produce high quality work in a consistent manner
· Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and projects successfully