This is a full time position located in the Nevada area.
Nevada Gold Mines is looking for an Underground Geology Superintendent to join the Underground Geology team.
- Planning, management, supervision of the underground grade control and ore extraction activities
- Maximizing ore recovery, reconciliation of Declared Ore Mined (DOM) against ore reserve and grade control
- Grade control and ore reserve
- Collection and interpretation of all underground geological data
- Defining expansion opportunity
- Timely and routine reporting
- Achieving annual budget and forecast ore production targets is a key KPI for this position.
- adhere and enforces the policies, procedures and standards set by Barrick Nevada, across all areas of their responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years demonstrated successful underground ore control, mine geology and reconciliation experience
- Demonstrated team management and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated practical knowledge and/or experience in drilling, sampling and assaying methods as well as QAQC procedures as applied to drilling, sampling and assaying
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools; experience with underground mine planning software (Deswik)
- Experience with engaging and managing drilling, assay laboratory, down-hole survey, geochemical, mapping, logging, and other contractors
- Experience with budgeting and managing department finances
Experience in mining, ore controlling, and capturing the geology of Carlin-style and related structurally controlled gold deposits
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Nevada Gold Mine locations
- Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
About Nevada Gold Mines
Nevada Gold Mines is a joint venture between Barrick Gold Corporation (61.5%) and Newmont Goldcorp Corporation (38.5%), combining their significant assets across Nevada to create the single largest gold-producing complex in the world and realize the full potential of these mines through synergies and best-in-class operational improvements.
The massive mining operation comprises 8 mines along with their associated infrastructure and processing facilities that produced an estimated 4 million ounces of gold in 2018. Three of these assets are Tier One gold mines: Barrick’s Cortez; the combination of Barrick’s Goldstrike and Newmont Goldcorp’s Carlin; and the combination of Barrick’s Turquoise Ridge and Newmont Goldcorp’s Twin Creeks. In addition, Barrick’s Goldrush-Fourmile project has the potential to become the fourth Tier One asset in this portfolio. The new JV is expected to generate around $5 billion in cost savings over the next five years. Nevada Gold Mines is operated by Barrick.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nevada Gold Mines
Why Work Here?This role is located in the Nevada area and does require relocation to the area. Relocation assistance is available.
Nevada Gold Mines is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer