Lighthouse Connections Academy (LCA) is a tuition-free virtual public charter school serving students in grades K-12 throughout Michigan. LCA is authorized by Oxford Community Schools and governed by an independent Board of Directors. The school contracts with Connections Education LLC to provide its educational program and other services. Connections Academy, a division of Connections Education, is accredited by AdvancED.
Working from our office in Troy, MI, the Temporary School Administrative Assistant is responsible for daily administrative tasks of the school such as answering phones and email, receiving visitors, assisting the principal and teachers with administrative tasks, filing and other duties as assigned.
The duration of this temporary position is anticipated to be 4-6 weeks.
- Entering data into the online student information system;
- Managing student files and records;
- Generating reports;
- Answering the phones;
- Processing records request and student withdrawals;
- Scheduling appointments;
- Speaking with Parents and Students;
- Assisting leadership team with a wide variety of daily responsibilities; and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Technologically proficient with Microsoft Office tools (emphasis on Excel), Google Suite, and web-based applications is essential
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Good interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both with and without supervision
- Self-starter and independent worker
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility