We have an immediate opening for a full time or Part time Board Certified / Board Eligible Pediatrician in Las Vegas Nevada to join an established medical practice. This pediatric group serves the greater Las Vegas area and are looking for an energetic individual to work with all physicians and staff to promote excellent healthcare to a large patient base.
The practice is open from 8am -5pm M-F and 9am -1pm on Saturdays closed on Sundays.
The Practice is located on the southwest side of Las Vegas.
The practice is using a EMR system set up for pediatricians.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical School
- Successful completion of an accredited Residency program
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Pediatrics
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Nevada
- Basic computer skills
- Skill in obtaining and maintaining accurate medical records
- Ability to communicate clearly and show patience with patients
- Must be able to perform each essential duty related to examination, diagnostic and treatment of patients
- Ability to initiate and complete tasks related to job duties without direct request of supervisor
- Ability to work well with others and be willing to help when needed
- Maintains strictest confidentiality of patient information
- Ability to multi-task with patients and other responsibilities
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to consistently receive, greet and interact with patients, visitors and staff members in a professional manner
- Answers questions and gives information directly or via the telephone within the limits of knowledge and medical practice policies
- Maintains and updates patient records and other patient information related to acute visits
- Follow up and interpretation of lab and imaging study results.
- Communicates to MAs clear and explicit instructions for patient follow up with regards to lab and imaging results.
- Handles patient correspondence, phone calls, faxes, pharmacy calls and follow-up calls with regards to patient visits, prescriptions, labs and imaging studies
- Delegates & documents patient call back information to the Medical Assistants (MAs) on duty with regard to medical advice, prescriptions, labs, and imaging studies
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Complies with all HIPAA regulations with regards to patient privacy
- Complies with all Infection Control guidelines and Universal Precautions
- Complies with all OSHA safety standards
- Obtains pertinent clinical information including the patient’s acute complaint history and conduction of focused physical exam as directed by the patient history.
- Performs laceration repairs, incisions & drainage of abscesses, application of splints, wart treatments, partial excision of ingrown toe nails.
- Assists MAs and front office staff to facilitate flow through the clinic in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Maintains proficiency in all areas by attending in- services, and staff meetings as required
- Keeps up with the latest medical requirements and standards of care through CME
- Maintains CPR certification, active Nevada Licensing and good standing with all professional boards, medical societies and hospitals as applicable.
- During slow times, complete any administrative tasks assigned by the medical director.
- Provide guidance to MAs and front staff in times of emergency medical events
- Provide guidance and teaching to MAs, students and residents with regard to patient care and general professionalism.
- Serve as mentor and supervisor to Nurse Practitioners and PAs working with them in the clinic
- Miscellaneous Duties
- Ensures work space is free and clear of patient information, clean and organized at end of shift
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Malpractice coverage
- CME allowance
Please contact us to schedule an interview.
Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Nevada Childrens ClinicWe are open M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm