Neurosurgical Medical Group is seeking a Certified Professional Medical Coder - CPC. At Neurosurgical Medical Group we have high profile doctors, great benefits and competitive pay!
- Medical Coding
- Charge Entry
- Claims Submissions
- Payment Posting
- Accounts receivable follow-up and reimbursement management.
- Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues.
- Conducts themselves professionally ensuring responsibilities operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and in compliance with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
- Understands trends affecting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable. Understands and remains updated with current coding and billing regulations and compliance requirements.
Experience and Education:
- Associates degree, preferably in business administration or related field.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years Medical Insurance/Healthcare Billing and Collections experience in a Medical Group or health system, with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations.
- Prior experience with an electronic medical record system REQUIRED.
- Thorough understanding of medical billing, collections and payment posting, revenue cycle, third party payers, Medicare; strong knowledge of Florida and Federal payer regulations.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD10 codes, HCFA 1500, UB04 claim forms, HIPAA, billing and insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and appeal processes
- Up to date with health information technologies and applications.
General Skills and Abilities:
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, organizations, and the public.
- Detail oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from patients and staff.
- Effectively communicate with physicians, patients, insurers, colleagues and staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to deal in an organized manner with problems involving multiple variables within the scope of the position.
Neurosurgical Medical Group
Why Work Here?www.premierbrainandspine.com
High profile doctors and great benefits!