NeuroSpine & Pain Center is seeking a full time Rounding RN to work out of our W Jefferson office.
The Rounding Registered Nurse functions as a liaison between the physician office and hospital team. Rounding at Lutheran and Parkview hospitals.
- Schedules surgeries, coordinates hospital admissions, provides patients with pre-operative instructions and orders, responds to patient inquiries.
- Assists physician in daily hospital rounds on inpatients and documents the care in electronic medical record. Prepares timely charge forms for billing department.
- Provides patients with post-op orders and instructions and prepares discharge day management summary.
- Review test results, documents in electronic medical records and communicates them as appropriate with physician/patient. Maintains daily hospital list and physician equipment/instruments and orders new as directed.
- Communicates patients status and needs to physicians or other necessary members of the practice as well as coordinating care with other healthcare providers.
- Two years or more of nursing experience required. Surgical experience a plus!
- Current RN license issued by Indiana State Board of Nursing
- Ability to travel between hospitals and be available for rotating weekend assignments (Saturday only)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Compassionate and caring
- Excellent team skills
- Strong organizational skills
NeuroSpine & Pain Center provides competitive compensation and generous employee benefit plans.