Sr. Network Engineer
- Expired: September 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Network Perception was launched in 2014 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-
Champaign Research Park. Founded by a team of experts on network security and critical infrastructure protection, Network Perception delivers a pioneering solution that enables corporate compliance and cyber security managers to gain a complete view of their network security and to immediately determine if its configuration is in alignment with best practices and regulatory standards.
About the Role
We're hiring a seasoned Network Engineer to lead the development of a networking test lab (firewalls, routers, and switches) for engineering, testing and customer support related to our network visibility and compliance platform. This is a new role in our organization and will be critical to partnering with our internal development team, client-facing organization, and customers to enhance our platform capabilities.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of managing the test lab (procurement, installation, deployment, upkeep, creation of configuration files for sample environments and system interconnectivity). If you're a Network Engineer always playing with the latest networking hardware and software, this role is ideal for you.
- Identify new technologies and assist with the definition of the product roadmap.
- Setup and configure test systems (firewalls, routers and switches) for use by development, testing and service teams.
- Develop test cases, configurations and associate data required for development and testing purposes.
- Test and evaluate network systems, keep software current, and assist with the remediation of integration problems between NP products and systems.
- Support the deployment teams with third level networking support during customer engagements.
- Act as a SME for answering Sales, Marketing and Service technical questions.
- Act as Tier 2 level technical support providing technical and database solutions to clients and resolution suggestions to the development team.
- Work with vendors to secure the latest software, manage relationships and understand their product roadmap.
- Create and maintain documentation regarding networking infrastructure, NP products supported, and industry supported standards.
- Lead internal Internet security, internal network security, and best practice adoption.
- 7+ years of experience in the configuration and implementation of IT infrastructure across multiple vendors (Cisco, Checkpoint, Panorama, and Fortinet a plus)
- 4+ years network related project experience designing and implementing solutions for internal/external clients.
- In depth expertise with layer 2/3 network protocols, layer 1-7 network security, wireless network management, VPNs, and network design
- In-depth knowledge of hardware setup and debugging
- Can work directly and communicate effectively with customers, assessing their issues and assisting with the remediation of their problems with respect to setting up NP Products.
- Strong proficiency with new technologies/platforms/software
- Understanding of technical infrastructure to make modifications, design, and optimization enhancements.
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Active Directory, RADIUS and how to secure them a plus.
- Familiarity with building pipelines to deploy virtualized systems on AWS a plus.
- Familiarity with extracting appliance information through REST API’s a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
TechnologyView all jobs at Network Perception