Network Medical Management (NMM) is a Management Services Organization (MSO) comprised of healthcare professionals and financial experts, whose industry expertise enables clients to attain their financial goals and achieve organizational success. NMM provides comprehensive administrative support to Independent Physicians Associations (IPAs) and medical groups, pursuing both quality patient-care and profitability.
The Accounts Payable (“AP”) Specialist will be responsible for all AP activities. The AP Specialist must have a solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable principles with the proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records. Organize and prioritize tasks and projects with an acute attention to detail and accuracy are essential to this role. Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills are necessary while meeting time sensitive deadlines, maintaining confidentiality, and using discretion and good judgement with sensitive company information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with various departments within the company to ensure invoices are received and approved timely for payment.
• Review contract terms and update vendor contract summary files as necessary.
• Review and verify invoices and check requests ensuring the accuracy of charges including whether rates are properly billed.
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues as needed with third party vendor or internal departments
• Process invoice payments by performing check runs as needed including processing of electronic transfers and payments timely.
• Ensure transactions are accurately recorded to AP ledgers and general ledgers
• Prepare accounts payable reconciliation monthly including review of AP agings.
• Monitor vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
• Maintain vendor files, including vendor set up as necessary, and maintain invoice documentation.
• Assist with year-end 1099 processing.
• Assist with weekly claim check printing.
• Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial report preparation and audit request.
• Ad-hoc projects as required.
• Fundamental knowledge of general accounting procedures and U.S. GAAP
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience involving extensive work with complex spreadsheets.
• Ability to thrive in a challenging and progressive work environment.
• Team player who doesn’t mind digging into the details
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly motivated individual who can work independently and ability to work in a team environment and interact well with company staff and third parties
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited university.
• Proven knowledge and expertise in Accounts Payable function