- Expired: October 14, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
NDi seeks a senior level Network Engineer experienced in the areas of network architecture and design to support a government program. This role will function as the technical lead for all design, costing, and tier 3 lifecycle activities for this program. The Network Engineer Leads, plans, and executes highly complex engineering activities and acts as the technology lead for designing transport architecture, management networks, and integration, extensibility, and accessibility to other networks and technical lead supporting all network infrastructures.
Note: Accepting applications to establish a pool of applicants for possible future openings;this position is contingent on contract award.
- Overall integration of service delivery arrangements involving LANs, MANs, and WANs including the planning, design, installation, maintenance, management, and coordination of agency LAN/MAN/WAN interfaces with the customer's telecommunications service providers.
- Responsible for the technical, architecture, and engineering changes to customer LANs/MANs/WANs.
- Engineers, configures, troubleshoots, and supports Cisco and Linux-based router solutions.
- Designs and implements new solutions and technologies based on emerging technologies with Government approval.
- Reviews and recommends information that may result in the purchase and installation of hardware, software, and/or telecommunications services.
- Recommends network architecture changes to improve performance, security, etc.
- Develops highly detailed network design diagrams and documentation to be utilized by Government and contract staff.
- Acts as the technology lead for designing the network and security platforms and technical lead supporting the network.
- Other responsibilities include security audits, assessments, design, implementation, and configuration.
- Provides technical vision in the support and deployment of network and security technologies.
- Works with project managers, business analysts, and Contractors on security solutions to address customers' security requirements.
- Researches and recommends information on security-related solutions. Performs software evaluations and testing of new and existing security solutions.
- Functions as a "Tier 3" support resource on network products and problems that are in use.
- Installs, configures, and operates networks in highly complex environments with specific protocols and instructs and directs those doing these tasks as well.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Current Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), or equivalent, certification is required.
- Understanding of NSA's Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) program), its approved components list, and capability packages
- Experience designing, architecting, and supporting both Cisco and Linux routing enterprise systems.
- Experience planning, designing, and analyzing LANs, overseeing the implementation and test/troubleshooting activities, reviewing, and approving changes/modifications to the design and implementation, documenting the installed system, and recommending and operating the network management and control systems to maintain the LAN hardware and software.
- Demonstrated expert level experience working with operating systems and protocols such as Cisco IOS and NX-OS, Linus routing technologies, OSPF/BGP, and VMWare Virtualization.
- Implementation of Cisco Call Manager and Access Control System.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting high latency networks using satellite and cellular broadband transport.
Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI. U.S. Citizen.
Network Designs Inc.
Get fresh Senior Network Systems Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.