Business Analyst/Data Repository SME (FAA)
- Posted: June 17, 2022
Network Designs, Inc. (NDi) is an Information Technology, Web Development, and Branding and Communications firm with 25+ years providing professional services to large Federal clients. At NDi, we engineer success into our solutions by concentrating first and foremost on the end-user, the mission of our customer, and the bottom line. NDi builds solutions designed for tomorrow that deliver results today. NDi has demonstrated expertise in Solution Development and; Delivery, Web Design; Development, User Experience, Enterprise Information Management, Advanced Application Development, Information Assurance, and Networking
- Manage the daily activities of maintaining a large enterprise data repository.
- Provide guidance and governance to a small technical team to perform the necessary tasks to manage the data repository.
- Provide technical specifications to the technical team to develop new interfaces and deliverables (views).
- Validate results of new or modified interfaces and deliverables.
- Write alerts/notifications and data dictionary for the repository.
- Can actively interact with multiple customers to assist them with questions about the data and to provide clarity when there are discrepancies with reporting.
- Be able to review the data and validate its completeness.
- The candidate must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills that involve the full range of the project life cycle. The Business Analyst/Data Repository Subject Matter Expert (SME) is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific activities while ensuring customer requirements are met and expectations exceeded.
- The Business Analyst/Data Repository Subject Matter Expert provides leadership, assures quality deliverables and makes technically sound recommendations based on industry-accepted best practices and management fundamentals. He/she provides training to new users and presents briefings to the executive leadership. He/she must have current and specific demonstrated expertise related to IT management systems.
- The Business Analyst/Data Repository Subject Matter Expert position includes conducting interviews with customer managers and end users, creating documenting business and technical requirements.
- Knowledge of business systems analysis and requirements elicitation
- Test case development
- Familiarity and some proficiency in the following areas: Enterprise Change/Configuration Management, Software QA/QC, and Governance/Governance Process.
- Coordinate and pro-actively engage with all stakeholders to achieve the defined project outcomes.
- Coordinate subject matter expertise and support activities with organizations within the government agency.
- Previous experience working for the federal government.
- Strong understanding of data management.
- Previous experience providing daily oversight to a large enterprise data repository.
- Expertise in understanding how the federal government reconciles financial, staffing, and personnel data.
- Strong understanding of financial transaction from a business perspective.
- Previous experience with aviation, financial, and personnel data.
- Update and manage memorandums of agreement (MOAs) between various data stewards and system owners.
- Be able to perform data mapping to help gather requirements for the data customers need and map it to the data available in the data repository.
- Provide user training sessions for both government employees and/or other contractors to better understand corporate data stored in the AIT-EDR.
- Enforce requirements of individual users and manage processes to ensure the information system security.
- Manage a process for user certification and re-certification annually.
- Able to work with the appropriate government organizations and contractors that are responsible for the servers and databases to ensure the enterprise data repository is operational.
- Ensure data loads are kept up to date based on agreed upon update cycles, data integrity, data availability, user and system accessibility and helpdesk support.
- Able to coordinate the completion of system upgrades, new releases, and patches of Oracle products and Linux Operating System for all server(s).
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and SharePoint
- Proficient in using Atlassian Jira; MS SharePoint
- Proficient in data analysis and integration
- Knowledge of Oracle databases &; Linux servers.
- Knowledge of data analysis tools like TOAD, TABLEAU, Power BI Qualifications
- 15 years' minimum experience in Information Technology
- 5 years as Business Analyst
- 5 years working with financial and/or human resources data
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain technical requirements documents
- A Master's of Science degree in Information Systems, Business Systems Management Information Systems, IT Management or other IT degree Certification
- CBAP certification desired, not required Public Trust Clearance required U.S. Citizen
Network Designs Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Network Designs Inc.