Technical Sales Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for working within the Sales and Service Departments to assist with sales to deliver an excellent customer experience to enterprise or named accounts. This role has day-to-day responsibilities working with the sales department during customer meetings to identify business needs/problems and create technical . The TSS is the subject matter expert to design , quote, and scope project for delivery to customer. The TSS may also present and explain solution designs or recommendations to the customer. The TSS will work closely with all departments to facilitate accurate, timely and detailed proposals.
Dedication to Customers
- Organize and coordinate requirements gathering and solution design collaborative sessions with customers, partners, and other technical resources of all levels
- Work with sales and engineering to interpret customer requirements; speak with customers or prospects to understand their needs and architect technical solutions that address customer needs
- Participate in customer calls with account reps as needed
- Assist sales in identification and opportunity creation
- Understand and explain complex technologies to clients
- Subject matter expert on network, collaboration, cloud or compute/storage solutions.
- Work in team environment to build and maintain ongoing customer relationships to achieve new opportunity growth targets
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to develop and maintain a technology plan that supports the customers’ needs
- Serve as liaison with other departments in the company to gather technical expertise to support the sales, business analyst and engineering teams
- Align with key vendors to leverage programs, tools, relationships to enable sales opportunities
- Contribute to the consistency of solutions both internally and customer facing by providing the necessary technical sales leadership and mentorship of others
- Develop detailed proposals and solutions in a presales engineering capacity
- Work with sales and services teams to develop, prepare and deliver RFPs
- Point of contact on projects for customers to facilitate internal communication and direction between sales and technical departments and work with, or act as a project manager on complex projects
- Prepare and work with sales teams for scheduled customer reviews and technology planning when required
- Provide technical guidance and product education to the sales team, customers, and prospects
- Coordinate or provide basic customer education on solutions
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences, and other related events
- Represents NCI in a Professional manner including image, behavior and communications
- Work closely with other team leads to define and help deliver new service and product offerings
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure leadership in the competitive landscape
- Analyze and improve upon technology trends to maintain a technological and competitive edge within the market
- Ensure consistency of new installations by enforcing standards/procedures during discovery and planning process
- Continual pursuit of improvements in the process and efficiencies while following and enforcing the guidelines and defined processes
- Obtain and maintain certifications for key vendors and assist with internal sales team training
Commitment to Employees
- Assist sales, business analysts and architects with proposals and documentation
- Assist teams in new account acquisition with a focus on providing an outstanding customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle
- Create Statements of Work or general summary of solution deliverables.
- Work with all teams on delivery of timely and accurate quotes to customers.
- Continued learning achieving professional certifications or relevant industry training.
- Achieve SLA’s, targets and goals based on positions’ requirements.
- Always be an advocate for the Company, in participation and professionalism.
- Understands and achieves the roles and responsibilities of this position.
- Communicates expectations on deliverables and related timelines to all stakeholders.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years of customer facing technical sales experience in the IT Industry.
- Ability to create and present technical solutions to clients and clearly articulate the technical value proposition to the customer
- Experience with data security best practices, cloud computing and network management
- Possess the right balance of deep technical understanding and sales attitude
- Experience with creating and presenting Statements of Work
- Experience with Microsoft Server and Office applications
- Configuration and design of server and storage devices
- Understanding of network designs and configurations
- Have the confidence to build technical solutions working with the sales teams and our business partners as appropriate, to support efforts in earning the client’s business
Network Center, Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Network Center, Inc