Mid Level Software Engineer
Netrist Solutions, LLC. Charleston, SC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
United States Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Clearance is required
One of the projects we’re actively working on, is a set of systems for the Air Force. They’re responsible for moving cargo and people all across the globe — kind of like providing FedEx services to the military. We’re working with them to rebuild their web services using fast, in-memory caching data grids and high-volume messaging systems.
Why We Need You:
Rebuilding these web services can get complex, so we need a solid team of developers that are experienced in open source java technologies, their components, and their effective use in web applications. You will be a part of a small, cross-functional, Agile development team, that is working on an Enterprise service-oriented architecture. The code that you write will expose SOAP and REST web services to a variety of applications. The application we’re working on will read from and write to enterprise data stores (using JSON/SOAP or directly to a document database, e.g. MongoDB ).
What You Will Do:
- Work with Lead developers on solving complex problems
- Develop software in interactive design, build, and test cycles
- Support the Agile methodology, while understanding each organization applies it to best fit their environment
- Check code into our continuous integration pipeline, to incrementally build our overall system and receive immediate feedback on build performance
You’re The Type of Engineer That:
- Has solid understanding of object-oriented programming languages (especially Java)
- Is able to to work under general direction on complex projects, issues, and problems
- Has strong innovative and analytical abilities, and experience in implementation
- Is Adaptable, and loves learning new technologies
- Know when to power through a problem, or stop and ask for guidance
- Can make a convincing argument, and support team members
- Has worked in a big data environment
Tools You Should Know:
- MongoDB or CouchDB, RabbitMQ, Relational Databases (MS-SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- Web Services like SOAP and REST
- XML, XLST, and XQuery, and NameSpaces
- Continuous Integration tools like GIT, Maven, or Jenkins
- Knowledge of “push” methodologies like SocketIO is a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of Java Development experience
- Experience in implementing code
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
Work from where you are most productive! We have a physical office space you can use but if working from home works better for you, we are flexible.
Netrist Solutions, LLC.Why Work Here?
We're a small business that believes in investing in our team's skills, has a flexible work/life balance, and competitive benefits!
We are a team of driven professionals, committed to creating cutting edge web applications that will positively impact our client's business. Our clients range from start-ups to large government customers. We work hard to deliver web apps with features our customers need to run their business. What we value most are the kind of skills you can't learn in school. We value versatility, autonomy, and an attitude that accepts challenges with open arms.
211 King St. Charleston SCCharleston, SC