Job Posting Title: Research Associate, Pathobiology
- Essential Duties and Job Functions: The research associate will perform various histological techniques. The research associate will prepare tissue specimens by sectioning FFPE and/or FF tissues (using a cryostat and/or microtome), and mount on glass slides for microscopic examination and analysis.
- The research associate will be essential in the upkeep of the tissue database by accessioning tissue blocks, slides, and organizing the tissue inventory for the pathobiology team.
- The research associate will also be expected to communicate in regular lab meetings.
- The individual will be part of the Pathobiology team that will support drug development in diverse therapeutic areas such as fibrosis, inflammation, oncology, and virology.
- Knowledge, Experience and Skills :
- Enjoys working in a team. Carefully follows scientific protocols and applies meticulous attention to detail. Highly organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must.
- Requires Associate's (A.A.)/Bachelor’s degree or higher in an area of biological science, ideally specializing in anatomy-related medical science.
- At least 1+ year(s) of experience in histotechnology (routine histology skills) and experience in sectioning is a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the following: adaptability; change management; decision making; interpersonal relations; oral communication; results orientation; teamwork; written communication and detail-oriented.
- Academic Level : Associate’s (A.A.) or Bachelor’s (B.A. or B.S.)
- Specific Responsibilities and skills for Position :
- Techniques in microtomy (FFPE tissues) and cryosectioning (FF tissues) for Immunohistochemistry (IHC) is required is a plus.