Systems Administrator - Consulting Engineer
NetGain Technologies, LLC Chattanooga, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Systems Administrator (Managed Services)
This resource has the most intimate knowledge of the client’s technology and infrastructure holds the technical relationship with the client and performs the proactive technical assessment portion of the Business Review process. Working with the technical experts within our organization as well as the client’s assigned business consulting team, the SysAdmin is responsible for ensuring that any technical solutions that are proposed meet the client’s business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation at the server level: Physical and Virtual Server environments, applications, and security
- Work to include both Onsite and Remote work.
- Monitors client’s environments proactively to solve problems that may arise quickly.
- Design and test disaster recovery solutions for applications and systems
- Support services for Microsoft-related technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft. Virtual Desktop experience is preferred
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services/RDS, and Citrix
- Routine maintenance for all computer systems and maintaining documentation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must have a minimum of 2 years of server experience and basic networking knowledge (switches, firewalls, routers, etc). The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft, Citrix, HP, or VMware
- Strong interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
- Diagnostic skills of technical issues
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- In business for 35 years
- Large regional business with 9 locations across the Southeast Region
- Ranked 89th in the World by Managed Services Providers Mentor
- Member of 35B association; offering services throughout the US
- Professionally managed using Best in Class metrics and procedures
NetGain Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer that is committed to a safe and drug free work place. NetGain performs pre-employment criminal background checks and substance abuse testing which includes a urine drug tests to detects the presence of illegal drugs. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping NetGain a safe and drug free company.
- Serving the region since 1984, 9 offices in 6 states with national capabilities
- 100% NetGain employed, U.S. based network operations center staffed 24x7x365
- Staffed by a team of more than 170, with 100 engineers holding more than 300 technical certifications
- Distinguished as a SOC 2, Type II certified company
- Ranked by MSPmentor as a top 100 managed services provider since 2008
- Named one of the best places to work in Kentucky since 2015
- Supporting the systems and networks of 11,000 computer users
NetGain Technologies, LLCWhy Work Here?
Family-first environment that allows employees to be challenged and grow throughout the company!
Since 1984, NetGain Technologies has been a leading provider of IT services and solutions. Our managed IT services are ranked among the best in the world by MSPmentor and CRN. With a multi-state regional footprint and a three-decade pedigree, we’ve helped thousands of unique clients thrive by leveraging our best-in-class services and solutions. - Serving the region since 1984, 11 offices in 8 states with national capabilities - 100% NetGain employed, U.S. based network operations center staffed 24x7x365 - Staffed by a team of more than 224, with 100 engineers holding more than 300 technical certifications - Distinguished as a SOC 2, Type II certified company - Ranked by MSPmentor as a top 100 managed services provider since 2008 - Named one of the best places to work in Kentucky since 2015 - Supporting the systems and networks of 11,000 computer users
1300 Premier DriveChattanooga, TN