NetCraftsmen is a consulting and managed services firm dedicated to delivering quality work and continuous improvement. Our vision is to be nationally recognized as the most trusted adviser for the full life cycle of collaborative network solutions. Through the Craftsmen Assurance process, our customers Rest Assured SM we will achieve sustainable success through integrity, innovation, and teamwork.
We are a diverse team of recognized subject matter experts, one-third of which are CCIE's, as well as up and coming subject matter experts. The team has multi-vendor consulting expertise in network security, high-end routing, network design, switching, Unified Communications, cloud/virtualization, QoS, MPLS, video, network management, IP multicast, educational courseware development, and other areas. We are committed to continued training and certification and our outstanding culture and commitment to employee success have led us to be finalists in the Baltimore Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" for 2017 and 2018 - Come see why!
As a Unified Communications / Collaboration Engineer at NetCraftsmen, you'll join some of the best talent in the world in doing consulting work with our clients while delivering solutions based around Cisco's Collaboration suite and complementary products. NetCraftsmen is where a Senior Engineer can come and be among peers who can challenge and help them grow, and where a mid-level rising star can come to see their potential fully realized. See our reviews on Indeed and Glassdoor and come join us!
This is a technical role; however, it does require strong communications and documentation skills. You will be expected to have a mid-to-senior level understanding of UC, collaboration, and related technologies such as networking and virtualization.
The successful candidate will have experience designing, implementing, and deploying Cisco Unified Communications and Collaboration (UC&C) solutions in a production environment and must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of the following:
- Core Cisco UC&C applications to include Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Unity Connection (CUC), and Instant Messaging & Presence (IM&P)
- Cisco Collaboration Edge and Video applications to include Video Communications Server (VCS) and/or Expressway
- Cisco IP phones and Jabber soft clients (Windows, Mac, and mobile OS)
- Cisco network infrastructure components to include Integrated Services Routers (ISR) voice gateways, analog gateways, and Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Comfortable in customer facing roles
It would be ideal if you also had experience with as many of the following as possible (note, if you don't have experience here, these would be areas of opportunity for professional development within NetCraftsmen):
- Additional Cisco UC applications to include Contact Center (UCCX/UCCE), Cisco Emergency Responder (CER), and WebEx
- Competitive solutions such as Microsoft Teams / Skype for Business, Polycom, etc.
- Basic understanding of integration concepts related to Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) video and IM federation
- Virtualization and compute solutions to include VMware and Cisco Unified Computing Server (UCS) technologies
- Cisco routing and switching
Formal Education: BS degree or better from an accredited four-year college is preferred
Certification: CCNA Collaboration is required, CCNP Collaboration is preferred. Bonus if you also have other certifications and can display versatility in ability to contribute on projects across different technologies (networking, security, virtualization, etc).
This is a full time, direct hire role, NOT a contract. You must be able to pass a drug screen and background investigation and be able to work on sites where a US government clearance may be required. At this time we cannot sponsor employment visas.
NetCraftsmen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.