About the opportunity:
In this role, you will be working on developing automation processes to drive operational efficiencies. The initial role is Baltimore based, but when not required to be on the customer site, you will work out of a home office. Subsequent client roles will be in the DC/MD metro area, but if you live in Virginia, let’s speak as well as there may be other, more geographically appropriate, opportunities available.
While your initial focus will be on automation scripting, you will also gain exposure to virtualization and load balancing in this role.
What is in it for you?
- A world-class peer team along with a corporate culture that encourages and requires a collegial and collaborative approach
- Competitive compensation and strong benefits
- A cultural commitment to training and certification including a generous training budget and dedicated time to pursue your training goals
- Bonus potential built around profit sharing, new / renewed certifications, employee referrals and business development
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrable automation scripting experience in one or more of the following: C++, PHP, Perl, Python, PowerShell
- Experience with Virtualization (VMWare preferred) and/or Load Balancing (Citrix NetScaler preferred)
- General Network Engineering underpinning
It would be great if you also had:
- Strong underpinning in Cisco Routing and Switching
- Cisco certifications such as a CCNA or CCNP
- Network Security experience
- VMware certifications such as a VCP
- Citrix certifications such as a CCE or CCP
- RedHat certifications such as the RHCA or RHCE
- Experience with AWS, Azure or Nutanix
All qualified applicants to NetCraftsmen career opportunities will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.