Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data – anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
Sells the company’s products, systems and / or services via telephone or electronic means to customers in assigned territory, industry, or accounts. Must close the sale on products, systems and / or services. Generates prospective customers through cold calling and qualifies and follows up with sales leads. Sales can be made through multichannel, inbound and / or outbound sales activities. Requires application of in-depth technical knowledge of products, systems and services (may include contract documentation).
Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the industry, as well as the competitive position of the company, and prepares activity and forecast reports as requested. Has a thorough knowledge of company products, systems and services. Directs customers to website or other company resources for information. Acts as sole sales representative for assigned territory, industry, accounts, and/or products. Establishes and maintains relationships with channel Partners. Represents the company to the customer and the customer to the company in all sales-oriented activities. Focuses on acquiring new customers and retaining and growing an existing installed base of customers. Some business travel or work outside office required.
- Works directly over the phone with customers and Partners to drive preference to NetApp and capture sales.
- Understands customer’s business requirements and articulates NetApp’s value to the customer.
- Positions NetApp value proposition tailored to audience needs.
- Supports the Partner to quote tech refresh, products, service upgrades, and renewal options.
- Works independently on managing and closing opportunities.
- Acts as the first point of contact within the sales organization for existing and new customers when calling with product questions.
- Finds opportunities to expand within existing, but also with new accounts (cold calling) in assigned territory.
- Maintains Installed base and contact data in CRM system.
- Identifies technical education needs.
- Identifies Partner capability gaps and coordinates with channel organization to address these gaps.
- Works with the Channel organization and key Partners to create territory plans.
- Prepares and submits forecast reports.
- Prepares and enters weekly activity in CRM system.
- Selling to new and existing accounts.
- Assigned to a medium sized territory, carries a quota.
- Interacts with all levels of customers in assigned territory.
- Interacts with all levels at smaller Partners.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams internally.
- Very good verbal and written communications, presentation, customer service, business, selling negotiation and analytical skills.
- High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies / concepts in a distributed environment.
- Aptitude and readiness for learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- 2 years of successful sales experience
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical solutions and business value.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled