Shopper Insights Analyst - HYBRID
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
As a Shopper Insights Analyst, you will manage one of Nestle's Divisions consulting under the guidance of a Shopper Insights Sr Manager. Leveraging a variety of sources, both syndicated and custom, you will lead the discovery of category, shopper, cultural, and competitive high-impact insights to identify and drive key brand strategies and opportunities that win in the marketplace.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify key learning needs/gaps then frame, design, analyze studies with vendor partners to help teams understand the shopper's POV.
- Develop and consistently review shopper learning plan to identify the most impactful areas of learning.
- Influence brand decisions and help brands understand what is happening in the marketplace by creating insights through syndicated research/market data, (e.g. NielsenIQ, Circana POS; NielsenIQ, Circana, Numerator panel data) as well as primary / custom research (qualitative and quantitative studies) that drive understanding of 'why behind the what'
- Mine and dig for key insights from various data sources to create compelling business story using what/so what/now what framework.
- Serve as shopper and retailer advocate to drive empathy/understanding across the business team by clearly articulating the shopper and retailer voice and providing thought partnership with marketing and sales.
- Deep understanding of category targets, category and retail landscape, and path to purchase behaviors
- Have a business-owner mindset rather than a researcher mindset, be motivated and vested in the big-picture impact of research and insights.
- Build strong relationships and collaboration with key stakeholders across sales, marketing, vendor partners, and broader consumer insights team.
- Work with Managers and Directors to prioritize and deliver on key projects
- Manage projects within approved budget
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.A./B.S. in Analytics, Marketing, Economics, or equivalent degree required
- 3+ years of marketing research or other relevant experience
- Strong experience in working with and leveraging syndicated market data and tools (e.g. Circana, NielsenIQ, Numerator, 84.51, Luminate)
- Passionate about helping businesses drive strategy and make a difference
- Positive, go-getter attitude and ability to juggle multiple projects with keen attention to detail in a timely manner
- Consumer packaged goods company experience a plus
- Hands-on experience across an array of custom quantitative and qualitative research methodologies a plus.
- Business Problem Solving - Diagnosis and framing the problem, business knowledge and acumen, recommendation development
- Strategic Thinking - Creates short-term marketing tactics that support long-term strategies and brand vision
- Influence - Active listening, negotiation, persuasion, and courage
- Self-Development - Seeking opportunities to self-educate proactively (new methodologies and techniques, business acumen, and general research and business news)
- Insight Generation - Inductive reasoning, creativity, risk tolerance, and business judgement
- Story Telling - Tailoring content and purposeful communication
- Shopper Empathy - Can articulate basic behaviors and motivations of consumers
- Project Execution - Managing suppliers, research execution, and adhering to interim and final deadlines
Requisition # 263051
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
BusinessView All Nestle Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.