As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestle Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestle Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestle. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
The Fleet Technician Apprentice's primary function is to assist other technicians with preventative and corrective maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment including gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, air brakes, forklifts, tankers and trailers.
Performs repairs and preventative maintenance on gas, propane, electric and diesel engines and drive train components.
Fabricates and welds critical suspension and chassis components.
Handles all aspects of shop operations including, but not limited to, completing automated work orders, processing invoices, parts ordering, inventory control, customer service and communication, direct and indirect
labor accountability, and ensuring quality control and shop safety.
Road tests all completed work for quality and adherence to established procedures/specifications.
Knowledge of proper procedures for handling and disposal of hazardous waste materials.
Trains less experienced employees in correct technical repair procedures in team concept maintenance.
Performs shop clean-up and housekeeping responsibilities as well as other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
2nd shift: 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
$5,000.00 Sign On Bonus (payable after 60 days of employment)
Competitive Hourly Rate overtime pay (based on experience and education)
Shift Premium Pay (for 2nd and 3rd shifts)
$200.00 Tool Annual Allowance
Key Qualifications Include:
- Must meet requirements and demonstrate ability to perform duties of the lower technician's classifications in an efficient, safe, and expeditious manner.
- Should have completed a minimum two years technical education with an AA degree or be enrolled in an ongoing recognized technical training program designed to provide practical application of current automotive repair techniques, or have two years hands-on experience.
- Maintains a neat and orderly appearance at all times, wearing prescribed uniform and appropriate safety equipment.
- Maintain personal grooming in compliance with the prescribed dress code.
- Must have adequate inventory of tools to perform required repairs and maintenance.
- Must have a valid commercial driver's license (Class A or B), with a current DOT medical certification and provide, or take and provide, proof of passing the ASE T4 Brake Test within specified time.
- Must be experienced in diesel engine repair, hydraulic systems, drive train assemblies, suspension chassis components, electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Must be skilled in fabrication welding, including aluminum welding.
- Must perform all functions of workin accordance with Nestle Waters' policy and procedures, in particular regard to safety, quality control and productivity.
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestle Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company, offering consumers a variety of portable, calorie-free bottled waters, including Poland Spring and other natural spring water brands; Nestle Pure Life, a nationally distributed purified bottled water; and international brands, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Nestle Waters North America is committed to creating shared value for society. It does so through healthy hydration, jobs and benefits to communities where it operates, and environmental stewardship, most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America.
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution/Transportation
Organization: Nestle Waters North America
Title: Truck Mechanic Apprentice
Requisition ID: 19005751
The Nestle Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran. If you require an accommodation in order to view or apply to open positions, please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-877-204-8650. For technical assistance: email NesCareersSupport@icareerhelp.com or phone 1-877-204-8650.