Electronic & Automation Technician- 216530 - $5000 Sign-On Bonus
- Expired: 11 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Description – External
$5,000 SIGN-ON BONUS
To get the results a company wants, the priority must be on the people performing the work. Through leadership program investments, ongoing company paid education, continuous improvement tools and processes, we believe in building your capability with skills that will be valued at any Fortune 500 company. We invest in our people because we believe in them and their ability to bring the best products possible to the consumer.
We are a company that started locally and has grown into a billion-dollar business. We have small town roots with big business support. This means we can reward our employees’ dedication and loyalty with great benefit packages, 401k matches, quarterly bonus payout and the potential to grow in the company. It also means we provide not only our on-site company store packed with discounted products as a perk but also access to discounts to partners outside of the Nestle brands.
The Electrical and Automation Entry Level Technician is responsible for the daily electrical support for the factory. Additional duties include preventative maintenance and electrical support for capital and extraordinary maintenance projects. The position requires good communication skills and teamwork with all departments. Individuals will need strong time management skills, be self-motivated and able to complete in-plant electrical projects/repairs with minimal assistance. Also utilize equipment logs and reports, and data from computerized maintenance systems to track equipment reliability and manage time. This position would work directly with an experienced E&A Technician as a mentor to guide thru onboarding.
- Electrical skills or ability to learn on the following technologies:
- PLCs: Pico, Micro, CompactLogix, SLC500, ControlLogix, Guardlogix and PLC-5
- Servo’s: Ultra, Kinetix 5500 and 5700
- Networks: Ethernet /IP, Sercos, DH-485, DH+ and Remote I/O
- Safety devices: Guard I/O, Safety relays
- Drives: PF4, PF40, PF70, PF525 and PF755
- Software: RSLinx, DriveExecutive, RSLogix5, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, PanelBuilder32, FactoryTalk View, Asset Centre, BOOTP-DHCP Server, RSNetworx
- Computer Skills including familiarity with: Electrical Software, Outlook, Excel, Word, SAP, Auto CAD, and SharePoint
- Skills on the following electrical testing devices to connect, set-up, and perform testing to troubleshoot plant issues
- Multimeters: AC, DC voltage and amperage, milliamp, millivolt, OHM’s, frequency, and min/max readings
- Calibration equipment: Calibration tester, dry blocks, etc.
- Daily checklist (start-up Electrical)
- Work on small teams on removal and installation of equipment
- Desire to learn.
- Good attitude
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following
- Pursuing an Associate Degree in an Industrial Electrical technical field such as Automation Systems Technology, Electrical Industrial or E&I Journeyman is preferred.
- Understands troubleshooting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to interpret and comprehend technical literature and print documentation (European, American, Italian)
- Working knowledge of switchboards, MCCs, panel boards, control cabinets.
- Utilize a computer (laptop/desktop).
- Obtaining calibration training and maintaining certification may be required.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK FOR NESTLE:
- Upskilling program
- On the Job training with experienced Techs and Engineers
- Rockwell and Fanuc Offsite Training
- Competitive pay and Benefits
- Health Insurance
- 401K Match
- Quarterly bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Healthy Work environment.
- Work Life Balance
- Obsolesce Program
- Updating Control Panels using the latest Technologies
- Replace outdated PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, and Servos
- Program PLCs, HMIs, VFDs and Servos
- Working with Current Technology / Equipment.
- Cognex and Sick Vision Systems
- Fanuc and KUKA
- Free Pizza in Breakrooms
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. We have more than 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favorites, and we are present in 189 countries around the world.
Nestlé's purpose is enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. We want to help shape a better and healthier world. We also want to inspire people to live healthier lives. This is how we contribute to society while ensuring the long-term success of our company.
We have defined three overarching ambitions for 2030 which guide our work and support the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Help 50 million children live healthier lives.
Help to improve 30 million livelihoods in communities directly connected to our business activities.
Strive for zero environmental impact in our operations.
We want to shape a better and healthier world. This was how we started more than 150 years ago when Henri Nestlé created an infant cereal that saved the life of a child.
Since 1866... we have created products that enhance the quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Our values are reflected in the way we do business, always acting legally and honestly with respect both for our own people and those we do business with. Read more about our business principles
Get fresh Automation Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.